Hotel is over the road from Kan Daw Gyi Lake (Royal Lake). Our room was large with a good sized bathroom and two king single beds. Our room overlooked the large pool and we had a great view of the Shwedagon Paya, which is floodlit up at night. We normally don't eat in hotels but because the hotel is a little out of town and there is plenty of selection within the hotel - Japanese, Chinese and international / Burmese - we ate in both nights. We found the food excellent and reasonably priced. There is also a cafe and bar in the lobby, where there is happy hour each evening. Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of dishes both European and Asian. Free wifi was available though we did have problems and did pay for it in the lobby, $2 per half hour, not unreasonable. All the staff we came in contact with were both helpful and cheerful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar