Still mesmerized by the experience in the city, the hotel added the warmth everytime we return from our trip around the city.
Every simple hello and smile, you could feel that it's from the heart. Or at least they did it so well, you couldn't tell it was fake. I think every traveller would know what I mean.
The room was comfy and clean daily, doorman clearly on break would still rush to open the door for you when your hands are full, bellhop would help your luggage and not stand there waiting for tips, a receptionist would put down her work to help identify your problem and not push you away or hold you. We receive "Service" at the hotel.
The only 3 disadvantages to this hotel:
1) you have to walk through the breakfast lounge to get to the pool area,which...looks a bit odd to take a dip in. If there was another route to the pool area, it was definitely not clearly labeled.
2) If you have chosen "Lake View" for your room,2nd floor is definitely a no-no to stay in. Whatever Lake there was will be blocked by the palm trees and all you get is Palm Tree view.
3) No immediate shops around to get additional drinking water or snacks within the vicinity. The closest we could find:
a) Out from main door, turn left at the main road, 1 or 2 road side mobile "kiosk".
b) Out from side door near pool, turn right, about 30-45 mins walk on the left.
But the area is growing and things change every day. It could be different when you are there and I am not kidding.
Make sure you grab a map from the concierge and a card that label your return destination in Myanmar language.
Apparently, there was a "Chatrium Motel" somewhere in another part of town.
Breakfast was a beauty but noisy with the China conference goers when I was there (unfortunately) who keep knocking into my chair. Yes. The proximity of chair to chair could be a little intensifying.
If you are claustrophobic, you may like to get their room service. Nothing to complain and compliment really, but if your salt tolerance is high, you may like to try their curry. It's actually quite weirdly delicious. You hjave to try to know what I mean. Ha.
There is a steak house and a chinese restaurant within the hotel. But unfortunately it was not our aim to travel that far to Myanmar to try something that we could get in our country. Nevertheless, we heard the steak house will be "a little bit expangsive".
The Spa rate is cheaper than many other countries we been to,but certainly one of the higher rated one. It was ok.
Tipping was not mandatory but be appreciative and not overdo it. We would love to return and not be extorted.
Most roads around are single-lane. With vehicle value dropped by more than half recently,cars are getting more n more on the road.
- To/fro airport about 30-45 minutes. Jam at least double it.
- To/fro town area/chinatown about 20 minutes.
-From airport : 4000kyat on normal taxi. 9000kyat on private car on hire.
-To airport : 6000-7000kyat at hotel. (we received several quotes)
-to town area : 2000kyat.
-Rush hour : it's normal to cost about 1000-2000kyat in addition.
It's common for taxis to be have their friends or family around while they drive around to work. Kind of like for company. So, when you see a taxi occupied, you can still try flagging. But most don't speak english. Do get map from hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelClick, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar