Located bang in front of the Royal Lake (hence the name, duh), it's in a quiet location - a nice area for an evening stroll. Large grounds and a good pool (which we didn't use because there was a wedding on and the area had been taken over by the wedding reception complete with Bollywood dancers).
Included was a slap-up buffet breakfast and the rooms were spacious with civilised bathrooms (read: includes a jet spray, which Indian travellers will identify with!). The hotel is first rate and the food was uniformly good (the restaurant, Tiger Hill, had particularly good Chinese food) and if you have a hankering for it, there's an Indian restaurant called Asoka that is around the corner, a five minute walk away. Free wi-fi too.
We stayed for two nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon shines as one of the city’s topmost hotels for pure luxury and rich colonial-style heritage. Situated among lush greenery and beside the famous Kandawgyi Lake, views are simply stunning and spectacular. Every guestroom is spaciously designed and furnished to reflect the luxurious surroundings, with breathtaking views of Shwedagon Pagoda. The Chatrium Club Lounge provides an added touch of luxury and exclusivity with a private check-in lounge, complimentary refreshments, access to our Meeting Rooms and many more special privileges. Choose from six restaurants and bars for delicious dining, relax by our beach-styled swimming pool, work-out at the Fitness Center and rejuvenate at Nemita Spa. Our Grand Ballroom is ideal for weddings, banquets and large events, with smaller meeting rooms available for more private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelClick, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar