“The Best !”

Sule Shangri-La Yangon
Ranked #6 of 155 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
“The Best !”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I used to travel to Yangon a few years ago, I think 2009-2012 and when it was the traders hotel. What I liked about the hotel was its staff, the grandeur , the simplicity of the locals, the location, the breafast. Worth mentioning is the best instance i have had so far in my number of years I have traveled, I was out on one the business meetings. One of the room attendant prepared a speical hand towel role , so that I can place my wrists on it while I work on my lap top. It was indeed very special and thoughtful. If and when I travel to Yangon again, I would definetly stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book it in advance, I have heard it usually full
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anirantar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have never been to Yangon or Myanmar in general. I came here in mid July and it was also the middle of the monsoon season. This hotel has a 5 star service and environment and also located conveniently practically to everything. Thumbs up for the service, the staffs are most helpful and you can't help yourself from bumping into them in every turns inside the hotel also around the foyer area.

The room is spacious enough for me with everything inside and the housekeeping will do your room twice daily where cleanliness superbly observed.

Overall, I'm having a 5 star experience with Sule Shangri-La...

P.S. They said the hotel has the most fastest wifi in the whole of Yangon... or was it Myanmar...

Mustaffa Kamal Hussien
Room 616

Room Tip: The Horizon Floor is a good floor with access to the Horizon Club but not friendly to smokers...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Mustaffa72
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed at Sule Shangri-La Yangon in August 2014 when visiting Yangon on business. Very good experience overall. Staff and very friendly and helpful. Check in experience was good, concierge was helpful in booking dinner reservation outside the hotel. I tried the breakfast and it was very nice with many different food options that gets you going through the busy day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NOUR123_10
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I find it hard to think of anything they could have made better about my stay. The welcome was great - even though we arrived in the morning they found us our rooms so we could check in early. The rooms are immaculate and spacious, the gym is well equipped with free weights and plenty of running machines. In addition when I left my jacket in the room and emailed them to see if they had found it they got straight back to me saying they were keeping it for me so I arranged for my friend to pick it up. It was a fairly short walk to the large indoor market and a slightly longer walk to the Shwedagon Pagoda (maybe 30 mins). The breakfast buffet had good variety and interesting tastes from around the world. It was nice to taste dragon fruit, papaya and fresh pineapple and try the fresh daily apple and banana smoothie. I had maple syrup pancakes which were cooked to order and tasted fluffy and delicious. If I had to suggest improvements I would say the bar (loud sports on TV so we sat outside to chat) could have had more relaxing or classy atmosphere. But I'm being really picky, especially as our gin and tonics were buy-one-get-one-free till 8pm. Also the wifi was reliable but by no means fast. Overall though, a great place to stay for a bit of calm when visiting this busy city. The service is amongst the best you will find, warm, friendly but not overbearing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris S
London
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Hotel are superb. Warm and welcoming. Very good service by staff. Room are clean and spacious. Good water pressure. Located within walking distance to market and others. Near to airlines offices.
I enjoy my stay
Zohairen

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ZOHAIREN M
Bophut
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed here after our flash backing trip around Myanmar, fantastic friendly service, made the kids very welcome, breakfast especially a highlight for service and variety. Great pool for cooling down in and fully equipped gym. Even better managed to negotiate a great rate!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lucketts55
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you can afford it, this is the best hotel in town. Perfectly located. Walking distance to the central bazaar. Near to the central area where you can find loads of restaurant sells halal food an advantage for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business