Three girlfriends and I atayed for three nights at the beginning of our holiday to Burma and the Governors Residence was the best among four hotels we stayed in. A beautiful colonial property, elegant and charming with the best food as well in all of Burma. The rooms are lovely and though we faced some challenges with leaks in rhe first room, the attitude of the Management, the GM Thomas himself, ensured that this did not marr our stay. In fact he and his colleagues Thomas and Oscar went out of their way to compensate with a beautiful evening of complimentary cocktails and the magnificent Burmese curry buffet in the upstairs restaurant. Th breakfast especially the burmese mohingo fish soup was superb and the Mandalay restaurant where we dined our last evening on the most tender beef fillet ever is also highly recommended. We loved the pool with the nice touch of bamboo fans and hats on each lounger. Would return to Yangon just to stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar