We spent two nights in this lovely hotel and were very pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Rooms were well presented, spacious yet cosy, the buildings are beautifully maintained wood-varnished structures, the a/c and the wifi worked perfectly well and service was impeccable.
We did give the pool a miss as it seemed to merge with the fishpond, even though it did look inviting.
Meals were served in the original residence building, a fine period wooden colonial piece. Breakfast was an generous buffet, and for our evening meal we stuck to western food (first day in Burma as it was) but were very pleasantly surprised by how good it was.
The only issue for some might be the location: whilst close to the airport it is some way from the downtown area: this wasn't a problem for us as we were driven around but if you wanted to walk you would find it tougher. On the plus side, being in the colonial district, it is a very quiet place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar