I began my visit to Myanmar at the Traders Hotel which I have reviewed, it was dreadful. I ended my visit two weeks later with a couple of nights at this hotel and will forever be glad that I did.
I'm not going to describe the hotel except to say it's sublime. The rooms, the food, the pool, the staff, everything was superb.
I had a few minor niggles but they were dealt with perfectly, for example the bath in my room was enormous and I wasn't able to reach the taps, a man was sent to stand on the bath and run it for me, problem solved and I got an exclusive photo as a bonus!
I'm sure there are other good hotels in Yangon but I think they are all a lot larger and none can possibly offer the peace and personality of Governors.
One warning, although this is a nice area it is quite a walk from anywhere so you will probably want to take a cab but it's only a dollar or two to most places.
I understand they are going to build a small spa but currently there isn't one but you can order an in room massage which are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar