The Governors Residence is a terrific property located in a residential area that obviously was a diplomatic precinct of Rangoon. As such, it is a little out of town, but it is not a real issue.
The building is an old mansion that has had 'guest houses' added into the garden. The restaurants, bars and verandahs are delightful and it has a magnificent pool which is really refreshing after a had day being a tourist in this interesting city.
Staff, service and food are all impeccable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar