During a short stayover we followed recommendation to stay here for a night and I wished it would have been longer.
Excellent Food from the French chef. I had the camembert as starter which came with a delicous salad with strawberries and the Wagyu beef as main. The Strand is popular for its breakfast which is totally understandable after having tried their homemade breads, croissants or almond croissants. Don't miss out on the eggs Benedict!
Our room was spacious, perfectly maintained without loosing any charme or authenticity of the 100+ years of history. Historical features combined with all possible modern amenities like that are well hidden in the teak wooden furnishings. I had a deep sleep with dreams inspired by the ambiance.
Mya Mya's team of butlers couldn't have been more attentive and understanding of our requirements. They even topped our expectations with bringing in their ideas and made this stayover an unforgetable history for us.
Plan to stay some nights here and check for the promotions for 3 or +3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar