We tried The Strand Hotel at the beginning and at the end of our stay in Myanmar and loved it. It's interior is very well maintained and carries a great piece of history with it. You feel royal at that luxury hotel!
The staff is very friendly and perfectly trained, be it the concierges, the front desk assistance, the restaurant and bar staff or the butlers. All speak very good english and are very attentive.
The rooms are splendid and very spacious. We had some welcoming chocolates in our room, fresh fruit every day and nice bed time sweets (coconut jelly) - and the bathroom is one of a kind - spacious and luxurious!
The sales executive, Honey, helped us arrange a "fish market tour" in the city, which we highly recommended anyone visiting Yangon - despite the early waking up at 6am... Honey is a lovely person, very helpful and professional and we were very thankful for that tip!
On the last evening we also tried the fine dining restaurant and were glad we did - the food is delicious, the interior an eye catcher and the local music rounding it all up to a very fantastic stay for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar