I absolutely loved staying at this authentic colonial hotel; the beds are fantastic, excellent service great food and most of all the location is perfect; right in the heart of Yangon where sightseeing starts the moment you set foot out of the door. The best in Yangon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar