Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$136
$114
Hotels.com
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
Agoda.com
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$108
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$139
$93
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$261
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$146
$139
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
$242
$184
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
  • Room Service
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$174
$110
Trip.com
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$59
Agoda.com
All reviewstennis courtslakeside locationparquet floorsrelaxing hotellake viewrooms are largegreat buffet breakfastswimming poolbusiness tripan oasis of calmjunior suitebusy yangonclose to the airportstayed two nightsmain restauranttaxi rideussr
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here once in April and again in May. We found it a tranquil oasis away from the hustle and bustle of downtown - besides a taxi into the centre only costs 5000-6000 kyat. There are always a few taxis waiting in the parking lot. It is set in large grounds and is on the edge of the lake - there's a paved walking trail - Happy Hour taking in sunset from the Lakeview Bar was a real treat. Have a game of pool if you wish at the same time! Breakfast is comprehensive, with lots of choice. Nice big dining room. Dinner was OK too, but we tended to go to the classy Italian restaurant, LÓpera, which is just next door - very popular with expats for good reason, and pretty good value really (compared to Australia!). Nice big pool but not very cool in the hot season. Staff are very friendly, professional and helpful. There are 2 ATMs on the premises, so no problem getting kyats. They also accept credit cards, without charging a fee, which you might find in other places. The first time we had a deluxe king on the 5th floor - a lovely big room which included a couch, and had views over the lake. Air con struggled a bit with the heat, never got below 25 degrees celsius, but we managed OK.The second time we had booked a junior suite, but found that it had a strange smell and that the attached sitting room had only one table lamp and was somewhat depressing. The only view was of the adjoining roof. They changed rooms for us without fuss, upgrading us to a superior suite - absolutely gorgeous, nice big bedroom and bathroom, and cheerful sitting room with desk, couch and lovely works of art. Good air con. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of the lake
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edwardLC
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have never felt so safe and at home in another city, yet another country. Mr. Singh and his staff treated me like a member of their family, rather than a hotel guest. All of the staff always greeted me with big smiles and were happy to chat about anything.

All the amenities are just like a home, not new, but in working order. I don't like the feeling of all these modern hotels where I feel bad for making a mess of anything. I want to feel at home with a building that has character, treat things of quality with care and they have no fear of time. The pool, spa, fitness center, tennis court and walking path were all perfect, everything is perfect.

I ended up staying at Inya Lake Hotel twice, the second time I became very ill not taking care of myself. Everyone was so very helpful in making sure I was 100% ok. There is an International SOS Clinic outside the lobby to get medicine and see doctors. All the hotel staff asked me everyday how I was doing, it felt great to have so many angels watching over me.

As I was leaving Inya Lake Hotel for the airport I felt like I was leaving home and began to feel sad and today I feel a bit home sick.

I feel blessed and lucky to have stayed at such a wonderful caring people surrounding me, truly blessed and thankful for each person who watched over me :)

A special thanks to Ms. Carrie and Jenny for watching over me with loving care!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor facing the Shwedagon Pagoda.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had stayed at Inya Lake Hotel for 2 times during the last 11 months. You'll like the hotel very much if you like vintage stuff. Room is large and very clean, staff is very nice and wifi is available though you need to reconnect quite often. Variety of breakfast isn't much but proper for business trip. It's good to start the day by walking along Inya Lake in the morning.

Room Tip: Request for lake view @ high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank nirav79
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was there from the day 25th April until 29th . the hotel is in a nice and quite place, with two tennis court and a very big pool. I enjoyed all comforts in there. the hotel is a little old but with a very good maintenance. was for me an excellent vacation. all are so kind and help the guests. the breakfast with very full continental and Asian foods. and finally in this hotel they can do a god cappuccino or coffee why not always I had bad quality of coffee. my compliment to the management and workers. I hope to go there again. please don't worry if you are out the central city, because Yangon is big and you are in the middle, in a nice private park. go try it and enjoy all services. Lorenzo

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Lake Inya hotel, we stayed one night in Yangon as we had a late landing and early morning flight out and it was closer to airport than Traders hotel, plus we got it for only $94. The lobby and front desk are welcoming but the room was drab and run down and filled with ants on the furniture and coming out between the wood of the hard wood floors. The price was right but not for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GojiAnna
Suki_Singh, Manager at Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for taking the time to write a review and take your comments very seriously

The hotel has an extensive policy for cleanliness and we also pursue an active pest control program to deal with any ants that may venture in from the verdant surroundings.

We will ensure that the observations you made are addressed and should I be able to assist you further than kindly contact me at suki@inyalakehotel.com

Suki Singh