Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon
Taw Win Garden Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$82
$76
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$173
$57
$52
  • Breakfast included
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$143
$112
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$260
Agoda.com
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$63
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$160
$139
Agoda.com
Sky View Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$44
Hotel Yankin(Yangon (Rangoon))(Great Value!)
$39
$35
$86
$72
Agoda.com
All reviewstennis courtslakeside locationparquet floorsrelaxing hotellake viewrooms are largegreat buffet breakfastswimming poolbusiness tripan oasis of calmjunior suitebusy yangonclose to the airportstayed two nightsmain restauranttaxi rideussr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel is built by the Russian in the 60s. Many parts of the building and rooms are upgraded over time in a very slow manner. Size of the room is spacious with higher than normal ceiling. It was a corporate trip so we were given a superior room. Everything is old. Wooden doors to the balcony is basically rotten. Balcony is dirty with one dusty chair. Very under-use. Many rotting areas can be easily detected. Pillows are hard as rock, bed is ok. There were toiletries and fresh towel everyday. If you're at the lake side I am sure you can see nice Inya lake. Daily buffet breakfast not great but decent. Friendly service. Good location. Quieter than Sedona Hotel. In general, this hotel is poorly maintained.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Selected hotel due to its location (near airport & views over lake). Trouble started with room that was on the same floor as extensive renovations where lots dust and strong odours of fresh paint and varnish everywhere with workers everywhere.

As we were coming back in a few weeks at the end of our visit to Myanmar, we complained and requested a room away from the renovations. We were moved one room down the same hallway on the same floor (again freshly painted).

Taking the hotels advice we went to the 'Happy Hour' to view the sunset over the lake and to get away from the smell. The upside was the two for one drinks during happy hour (6:30 to (9:00pm) on Friday and Saturday nights. We had missed this on the first visit, but to console ourselves, thought we would take advantage the second time at the hotel.

When we got the bill it turned out we have arrived before the 'Happy Hour' started and our bill didn't enjoy any discount despite the majority of the drinks being purchased once 'Happy Hour' started. It seemed the time of arrival was the determining factor not buying drinks during the Not so happy 'Happy Hour'.

Needless to say strong words were exchanged with first the bar staff and later the front desk. A request to discuss with the either the hotel or duty manager was dismissed, as they couldn't be disturbed by these issues.

A visit to the pool area found many loose & broken tiles that could be a danger especially to children.

Overall a very poor experience and a hotel we will never stay at again. By comparison all the other hotels we stayed in Myanmar were exceptional with staff very attentive.

P.S> we did get a token refund on the two for one drinks but only after waiting in the foyer for over an hour.

Room Tip: Insist there are no renovations in progress.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChairmanWIFB2013
Reviewed November 19, 2013

A short trip to Myanmar for 5 days, saw me staying here for 3 nights and in Bagan for 2 nights. I booked this hotel via their website, and after some confusion (my fault) they sorted out my reservation so I could stay for 2 nights, leave for 2 nights then come back for 1 night and were happy to store my large bag whilst I was away.

The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from the airport (depending on rush hour traffic) and all the Taxi drivers know where it is. The Inya Lake area is an upmarket part of Yangon and is located slightly to the North of the centre.

The hotel itself looks like a typical 60's/early 70's build so isn't conventially 'beautiful'. However it's clean and the service is good, so until the new hotel opens just around the corner this old girl keeps on providing the goods.

I arrived at around 6pm and check-in was farily quick once we'd completed the formalities (which included tweaking my reservation after the confusion my request to them ahd caused). I'd booked a larger Suite on the 4th floor.

This consisted of a large lounge with Sofa and large flat screen TV and a balcony (unfortunately not lake facing). Leading through to the bedroom which had a large double bed, a slightly smaller flat screen TV and another smaller balcony. Both these rooms were pleasant enough, definitely lived in but clean and tidy.

The bathroom area was the bit that was showing it's age. At one end was a large wardrobe area that housed the mini-safe along with a mini-bar and storage. Then the separate shower cubicle followed by the bathrub and twin sinks on the opposite wall. Whilst it was all clean you could see it needed a bit of TLC and some of the tile grouting could have done with replacing as was a bit discoloured.

The free wi-fi here is useful, although be aware that Myanmar doesn't offer any kind of speed in it's connections so whilst you'll be able to keep in touch with the outside world don't expect to be able to fully utilise the web as at home.

Breakfast is served in the large dining room beyond the lobby, with some seating also available outside on the terrace overlooking the lake. A good selection of different food on offer, and th 'egg' chef was happy to provide your eggs in whatever style you wanted.

There is also a large pool down by the lake with a pool bar. Nice area to sit and relax, although again all in need of a little TLC. I also tried the inhouse Spa for a shoulder massage which was very good value.

So as long as you remember that Myanmar is only just opening up to tourism, and they're still catching up with their neighbouring countries you'll be fine here. Yes rates are quite high in peak season (very limited rooms available) and the hotels is a little tired, but the staff and general ambience makes the experience quite pleasant.

No problem to stay here again next time I'm passing through, although a number of newer hotels are under construction so not sure how much longer this one will last before it's totally renovated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Blackheathbloke
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the 6th time I have led a group tour to Burma and stayed in the Inya Lake.

Yes it is an old hotel, yes it does need more renovation.

However, the staff more than make up for any shortfalls and nothing is too much trouble.

I hope to return to Rangoon and if I do the Inya Lake Hotel is where I will choose to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ferozeshah
Reviewed November 12, 2013

After staying in the Chatrium two weeks earlier, this was a bit of a letdown. Of course it's got a great location on the lake but from the minute I saw at least half a dozen dirty stray dogs strolling around the grounds I was prepared to be disappointed. Yes the rooms are huge but soulless and even the huge balcony was not somewhere you'd like to spend time on despite the view. Food was nothing better than acceptable and the bar was worth one visit - not to be repeated. The lifts perfectly suited the hotel - old, tired noisy and not inspiring confidence.
As in all my dealings with the people though, the staff were absolutely lovely at all times and I can't praise them enough. Have to say though that even that would not be enough for me to want to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business