Let's start off by saying that all hotels in Yangon are way over-priced. The Inya Lake is no exception. Until more hotels open in this bustling city, tourists are going to be soaked. It is the two and three star hotels that take most advantage of tourists, offering poor accommodations at ridiculous prices. The better hotels give you more bang for the buck, if you can afford them. The Inya Lake Hotel, built in typical monolithic Soviet style (a big block) by the Russians several decades ago has some old world charm about it that will appeal to those who relish things of the old world. Rooms are large and very comfortable, but furnishings and fixtures are from a different era. I found them very comfortable (wonderful beds and bedding), and I loved the liberal use of local wood and glass. Service is excellent throughout the hotel, and the lobby is definitely from a bygone, rather charming era. If such things appeal to you, you will like this hotel. I found it perfectly charming and comfortable and the lakeside location was beguiling. Breakfast was adequate but not on a par with those offered by the big newer hotels in town.
The hotel is located on Inya Lake, and is something like being at a resort in the city. The problem for those who have to go into the center of the city is the miserable traffic conditions that have popped up now that the government has reduced taxes on cars to the point where everyone can buy a car. It took us an hour to get to the center of the city in miserable traffic. On the other hand, it is easy to get to the airport from this location.
Once, some 30 years ago, the Inya Lake Hotel was THE place to stay in old Rangoon. If this kind of history appeals to you, you will enjoy this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inya Lake Hotel, surrounded by 37 acres of verdant gardens, a serene lake resplendent with lotus, leafy trees and a free-shaped swimming pool offers the perfect retreat for guests to simply sit back and relax. Exploration of Yangon and the surrounding area is also a must and we would be delighted to arrange a variety of tours and excursions for you during your stay with a private guide.A 15-minute drive from the city centre, and 20 minutes from Yangon International Airport, the colonial styled hotel with its teakwood floors and oriental feel evokes charming memories of a by-gone era. The 129 guestrooms are decorated in retro style offering guests astonishing views over the city of Yangon and the Inya Lake.Experience the exotic delicacies of Myanmar, this secret tropical cuisine so redolent of the spices, textures and flavours of both this country and its neighbours. Unwind and enjoy the magic of sunset at the Lake View Bar or just relax at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Dusit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Yangon (Rangoon) Dusit
- Dusit Inya Lake Hotel Yangon
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Myanmar