Stayed at Inya Lake for 4 nights and had a wonderful experience. Extremely friendly and helpful staff! The hotel itself is quite grand, albeit old and unattractive from the outside. The beds were soft but very comfortable, the bathroom was aged but perfectly functional (excellent water pressure in the shower!), the buffet breakfast was superb.
It is outside of town, right on Inya Lake where many locals do their morning exercise before it gets too hot, so it is a nice quiet place to stay. At night you can see the Shwedagon Pagoda lit up in the distance. The hotel runs a shuttle bus into town at 9.30 each morning but you will probably find that you will be catching taxis more often than not. These cost 3,000 - 4,000 kyat (about US$4 - 5) each time and take about 20 minutes to get downtown (with traffic it could take about 40 minutes). It's worth planning your day so that you have few trips back to the hotel given the distance.
There is an Italian restaurant, L'Opera, right next to Inya Lake Hotel which is worth a visit. Great food and the garden setting is gorgeous.
A few tips about Myanmar in general -
What you've heard about needing crisp, clean US dollars is correct. Take $100 bills for changing into kyat but also take some crisp smaller denominations. Some places (for example; the railway line) only accept US dollars and can't provide much in the way of change.
When you go to Shwedagon Pagoda, carry your shoes with you. Otherwise you'll need to find your way back to the entrance where you came in, and also pay for them to mind your shoes.
Bogyoke Market is not open on Mondays. The National Museum is not open Mondays and Tuesdays.
Don't change money or use the internet at Inya Lake Hotel - you can get a much better deal in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inya Lake Hotel, surrounded by 37 acres of verdant gardens, a serene lake resplendent with lotus, leafy trees and a free-shaped swimming pool offers the perfect retreat for guests to simply sit back and relax. Exploration of Yangon and the surrounding area is also a must and we would be delighted to arrange a variety of tours and excursions for you during your stay with a private guide.A 15-minute drive from the city centre, and 20 minutes from Yangon International Airport, the colonial styled hotel with its teakwood floors and oriental feel evokes charming memories of a by-gone era. The 129 guestrooms are decorated in retro style offering guests astonishing views over the city of Yangon and the Inya Lake.Experience the exotic delicacies of Myanmar, this secret tropical cuisine so redolent of the spices, textures and flavours of both this country and its neighbours. Unwind and enjoy the magic of sunset at the Lake View Bar or just relax at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Dusit Yangon (Rangoon)
- Yangon (Rangoon) Dusit
- Dusit Inya Lake Hotel Yangon
- Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon Myanmar