“good location near Sule Pagoda”

Chan Myae Guesthouse
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff friendly and great service.
I reach there early but can't early check in had to drop bag behind lobby.
after paid for room I'm sightseeing around Yangon till 9pm.
Room very clean clean Single bed but King size
Bath room very good hot show work properly.
A/C work well and quite.
Thing not quite is guest stay there open door and make noisy till 2 am. it silent
That is not GH fault maybe my unlucky have not so good guest stay in the same of mine.
I had to got up early for my next trip to Bago
Staff that take care my floor absolutely fast to call taxi to waiting for me to take to bus station.
I just asked him for how far to bus station to Bago and how much?
He managed for me ready...i didn't know that till go down to street.
So Taxi feel angry me a little bit for waiting me for long time
wast his time so he charge me than normal.
Breakfast is great I like it. Staff tell breakfast not ready on this time but they will give some fruits and bread wrap for me. But the end they have ready so I had full set of breakfast.
Chan Myae GH have 8 floor you have to walk up
The lobby is on the 4 floor.

1  Thank Kaeprakhon
There are newer reviews for Chan Myae Guesthouse

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I accidentally got a vacant room in this guesthouse and it was beyond my expectation. The room is quite huge; a double bed with functional A/C. I was here for only a night but helpful staffs and good service was so impressive to me :)

2  Thank Panini_poonie
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed there for 2nights at the beginning of my trips around Myanmar and 3nights at the end. Great friendly family run Guest House.I had 2nights single room with ensuite and 3nights shared bathroom.All had clean bedsheets and towels.Fan and a/c .Breakfast were included..Free wi-fi throughout..Very helpful to getting to your next destination or booking a taxi/bus tickets.Walk to most of the tourist attractions of Yangon. No shortage of hawkers food around..Booked your room ahead by phone..Next month, they are starting a new dormitory stye room for backpackers..

1  Thank 323traveller888
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in a room with restroom. I got the one that is located in the 4th floor just next to the reception. I was worried about noise but it turned out well as I barely heard the people talking. The staff is really knowledgeable if you have questions about the area. The room was spacious and had a fridge, there was a TV but I never managed to turn it on, and I admit I never asked the front desk for help. There was plenty of hot water and the AC worked well. Breakfast was included, simple but convenient. The location is good but it took me a while to not pass the main entrance as everything looks the same in that street and the sign with the name is way too high. If you have problems with stairs or if you have lots of luggage this may not be your place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank silarem
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stay here for 2 nights.
Great location; only a few minutes walking from Sule Pagoda. Taxi to Shwedagon pagoda is about 7 minutes.- 1500Kyat

Rooms are clean and at a very good rate. Power is off from time to time, but there are generator.
The owner is very friendly. He gave us a nice backpack tag as gift when we left :)
Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bs_Gau
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Really nice guest house in great location of Yangon. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms had a/c and they were clean with comfortable beds. Great wifi, close resturants and attractions. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good priced guest house.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank renata7804
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The location was good, but the stairs to the guest house are quite steep. Its too high up. The double room was clean and the bathrooms was the first in Myanmar we entered without flipflops! The bed was quite comfy, too. Breakfast is very nice, but not good for people who like to sleep in. They play music and all rooms facing the dining areas will take part in breakfast (if they want to or not). The staff was very friendly, but didnt really have a clue (just pretended to), so go to the bus companies or whatever you want and get the rel information. All restaurants they recommended were closed too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple