Chan Myae Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$261
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$383
$112
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$155
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$136
$114
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
$242
$184
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$63
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$131
$101
Agoda.com
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
$97
  • Room Service
$35
$31
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest houseno liftsule pagodafried riceshared bathroomclean dormsdouble roomincluded breakfast isruby martusd per nightattached bathroomnight busfourth floortrain stationwithin walking distancedowntown yangonwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Chan Myae Guest House obviously have a very good reputation for backpackers. I found the staff there are extremely helpful especially when I couldn't reach my friend. The breakfast is awesome. And the owner of the guest house is actually there everyday, trying to talk to the customers, giving us direction etc. Good that I found it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank skylover2003
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Myanmar is a really expensive country for backpackers, specially in terms of accommodations. With that being said, Chan Myae is a great place to stay!

We payed 20 usd for a double room, air conditioner, fan, tv, shared bathroom, free wi-fi, unlimited purified drinking water and breakfast included!

All the rooms, bathrooms and the guesthouse in general are clean. It is very well located, in the city center, close to restaurants, street food, a supermarket, Sule Pagoda and the train station.

Staff is incredibly friendly (people in Myanmar are very courteous) and breakfast is generous (eggs, toast, jam, butter, coffee and fruit). The only thing is that you need to be ready to climb quite a bit of stairs to get there and to move inside the guesthouse but it is good exercise :) you shouldn't go if it hurts you to climb stairs, though.

If you want to stay here make sure to book in advance, they are getting quite famous and it can be full for days! Also make sure that the taxi driver gets the address well because there's one mahabandoola street and another mahabandoola garden street so it's very important they take you to the right place. Taxi is 10 dollars from the airport.

I definitely recommend it! I would go back for sure!

If you found this opinion useful, please vote :)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alegna_Sophie
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We tried to book Chan Myae hotel but they said our letter did not reach them but they found a room for us for two nights.
We came into Yangon on an Air Asia flight from Kuala Lumpur. The Taxi to the hotel cost $10.
Our room cost $25 but on our return to the hotel two weeks later we had a superior room for $30. This gives you a small balcony overlooking the street.
Breakfast is included in the prices.
Chan Myae is situated in the heart of Yangon. It has a very small doorway in and you have to climb up three storeys to get to reception. The welcome however is worth the effort. An instant cold drink is given before the formalities.
There is no restaurant but out in the street there are lots of eating options.
Overall we were very pleased with the Chan Myae. They say that Wi-Fi is on its way. There is a very cheap Internet operation just up the street. We paid just $0.5 for an hour of Internet.

Matt and Eileen Erskine

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Matt47Coventry
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had a single room with my own bathroom at 18 dollars a night. Staff were knowledgeable and very friendly, they helped me plan and book the rest of my time in Myanmar. Breakfast of fried rice was also very good, room was pretty clean, but with tiling everywhere and no window it felt like I was in a giant bathroom. Please note that usually when you make a phone booking in this country they don't really take your name, just what country you come from, had no problems when I called to confirm, they didnt have my name which i gave them, but they had me under my country. Reception was 24 hours, but phones seemed to be off the hook in the middle of the night, my room was close to hear it. Not their fault, just all the people from halfway across the world calling without regards to what time it might be in Asia.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Prof A
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very friendly staffs and the owner would be there certain time of the day to talk/welcome guests. Perfect location to see place of interest around the city . Staffs are able to provide information and arrange for transport to place such as Bago at cheaper than outside taxi price . Good breakfast included are fried rice or sandwiches with orange juice , coffee/tea and banana. Bed room and shower room are clean .It is also a good place to meet other fellow travellers as we manage to meet others where we had a good chat and travel to some place togather . Only set back for older people is that it is located at the 4th floor to 8 th floor . But it shouldnt be a problem if you are sightseeing trip in Myanmar as you have to walk most of the time anyway :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo