“Good Italian food in Asia, great service!!”
Review of Cafe Dibar

Cafe Dibar
Ranked #179 of 745 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Amsterdam, Nederland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Italian food in Asia, great service!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a really great experience with cafe Dibar. Although we were off to a wrong start as we couldnt find the restaurant - LP has not yet been updated to the new location!! But luckily we got there. We had bruschetta, pizza and lasagne with (chilled) red wine - nice food, esp. the Lasagne and affordable wine, both rather rare living in Asia:) Do try if you feel like Italian food!

1 Thank Karenislief

• Korean first
London
“Good lasagne”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

No longer near the Strand hotel but now near the American Embassy. The lasagne was the better option , my husband had one of the other pasta dishes. Excellent white wine, and not expensive.

Visited January 2013
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Good Hamburger”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I could not enjoy junk food before I found this restaurant.
So, whenever I go abroad I have to go Mc Donald or Burger King something like that.

Recently, I do not need to go that kind of place because of Cafe Dibar.
I think there is the best Hamburger in Yangon and sometimes it's better than Burger King.

And also my family like Spaghetti and Pizza or Salad.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fun place , reasonable price.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We enjoyed our evening..we went Italian. It felt like a local. The lasanas were the best...I hade a spaghetti ..ok..wine good too. Service was fine. It was one of those restaurants that were easy on the nerves as well as the wallet. All the food was eatable but nothing truly remarkable..we would come again, if in the area..so I recommend it. Don't cross town because the traffic in Yangon is absolutely ghastly..Rangoon is turning into a large hot car park..still go to this lovely local.

• Visited December 2012
“Cozy, easy going - western restaurant”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Personally i would consider it as a western (well, it's not authentic Italian, at least to me) restaurant with reasonable price n decent food. Quite a big portion, i can only manage to finish my dish. ;) overall it is good, particular they put cinamon on my spigola al limone. Plus plus! As portion is really big, i gotta come again for 1) salad - very big! 2) penne... 3) maybe pizza. ;)