“A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT ”

999 Shan Noodle House
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We provide the different kind of Shan traditional noodles and Shan cuisine.
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

This eatery has a very high rating on Trip Advisor which took me and my family to this joint for lunch. It closes by 7 pm - all of Yangon does, so why should they remain open!

It is a joint frequented by Westerners. Surprisingly, it is a dirty place. Prices tilt to the higher side. But neither the quality or quantity of food is commensurate with the price. In fact even after ordering four full dishes, we were left hungry. So hungry that we went to a great joint on 8th street and had some lip smacking cookies, patties and falooda.

Sorry reviewers who gave great reviews, I and my family were extremely disappointed,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,874)

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is located near City Hall and Sule Pagoda, which is easy to access. Shan noodle is good as expected, feel regret did not try their wutton (I came right after breakfast...), price is very cheap, service is good too (the waiter use paper to wipe the chopsticks before pass to me wow).

Don't forget to try their Chinsaogar juice, that's very similar to "Sour Palm Soup" (酸梅湯)of China :D good to drink and the sweet & sour is good for your digestion~~

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed October 19, 2016

We had heard that this was a top rated place by TripAdvisor and went for lunch one day while we were in downtown Yangon. I was kind of charmed by the low-key, no-frills nature of the restaurant. We were led upstairs and had to walk the last 10 or 12 feet to our table bent over so we wouldn't smack our foreheads on the lowered ceiling in that half of the room. Seating is Spartan, as is all else here. I needed to wash my hands, so the cook obligingly moved to the side to let me in to his sink so I could do that. No bathroom? Not sure...

We shared a veggie appetizer (some kind of little sautéed pillows made of bean curd) with a little savory veggie relish, we each had a juice or soft drink, and we each had a small bowl of soup and a dish of noodles with veggies, and the total bill came to 5,000 Kyat (about $4). Great value but no frills!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Small restaurant but serve delicious noodles. Not easy for travelers to find the location but thanks to our local friend that brought us there.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Excellent example of Shan style noodles. Cheap, friendly, tasty, cozy. Nothing more to say really - just good noodles!