“good food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Atmosphere is good as well as the food.
I prefer in the afternoon as you can see the surrounding and no mosquitoes.

Just take note that there are lots of mosquitoes.

There are newer reviews for Bangkok Kitchen

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Big restaurant, nice outdoor seating area. Huge selection of Thai food, good service, reasonable prices

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have found lots of good Thai food all over the place. This restaurant is bar none the best Thai food I have ever had, even better than my trip to Thailand!

The place is right across the street from the Chatrium Hotel. I ate two nights in a row. The first night I had the place almost to myself. It was I had the Tuong Thong appetizer both nights. It was minced chicken and corn hand wrapped and tied in wonton wrappers and lightly fried. It was served with delicious dipping sauce and the portion was at least ten pieces for about $2-$3.

For dinner I had the green curry with chicken and coconut rice. The coconut taste of the rice was perfect. The green curry was spicy and had delicious chunks of white meat chicken and tons of basil and Thai eggplant in it. Incredible.

The second night I visited there were three tour busses parked outside and over 200 people inside. My service was just as quick as the first night and I had the same meals except red curry instead of green. Again, amazing.

Each complete meal was about $10. I would return to Myanmar just to eat here. You must check it out if you are in town.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Across from the Chatari Hotel in Yangon, the Bangkok Kitchen is in a lovely setting. Excellent service. Delicious food, as good as you can get in Thailand. Beverage selection is not opulent, but food selection is.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food at this restaurant was the best Thai food that my wife and I every had. The service was excellent, and the staff spoke English very well. It was so good that we went there a second time. It is located right outside the Chatrium Hotel, so it was very convenient for us.