“Good value, great view”
Review of Clover Hotel

Clover Hotel
Ranked #33 of 155 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good value, great view”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We arrived in the middle of the night from the airport. Reception were very friendly with a welcome (in both senses) drink. Check in was quick and we were in our room in a few minutes. Large room, all services we needed more than adequate. Wifi Ok, but occasional drop-outs. Breakfast in roof-top restaurant, food fine, view of Schwedagon Paya wonderful. Good value overall; we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Etosha,

Who is creating this? A double rainbow shining (Nov.27th) on us the same day but you started with fantastic moon glow in the middle of the night.

Your enjoyment and satisfaction is so important to us. I see it is not only you but you obviously are passing the expressions of your family.

May you find this satisfaction in all your travels.

CloverHotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Thai first
New York
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This wasn't the most fabulous place to stay, but it was clean, tidy and everyone was lovely. That may be due to the Myanmar people themselves, though! Basic breakfast and fine for what we paid. Nothing to write home about, but you did feel safe. For a first time Asia trip, that was key.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PePo M,

Your cultural shock, awareness and adjustments came quickly as this was your first time Asia trip.

Saying that this was not the most fabulous place to say but at this point in time of your Asian visit you did find us to be “clean, tidy and everyone was lovely”.

As you travel finding all to be equal to us then we know you will have pleasant memories.

You are entering a fascinating part of the world – enjoy.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed there for one night in Nov,2013
The hotel locate in Northern Yangon(Rangoon) area.It's close to Schwedagon Pagoda,South Entrance.Only 5-7 mins walk from hotel. I paid 7,000 MMK for airport Taxi to take me there.

The staff are very hekpful and service mind. The hotel also accept credit card (but charge service fees) I never know it before cause other website show that this hotel accept only cash,that's not true. I did a mistake there,I should not spend a lot of cash(in MMK) for room because most shop in Myanmar accept only cash. Next time I book a hotel room in Myanmar,I'll select prepaid option.

I arrived at the hotel in early morning,around 9 am. After check in I didn't know that I can get in the room immediately because I know from website that check in time is 2pm so I spended time for hours at the business corner (free-PC/Wifi and Printer). The bellman take care me very well,he prepare to lead me to the room & carry my luggages.Other staff also keep watching me,whatever I go to the entrance-the doorman will run overhead to open the door for me or even I go to business corner,he'll check PC and wifi for me. That's cute.

Before I leave the hotel after check in,I told the staff that I'll go out so please bring my luggage to the room.When I come back,they didn't being it to my room but they was waiting to bring the luggage to the room with me.That's because they don't want to entry the room without guest also they want to introduce the room and check everything for me.The doorman also offer taxi service for me with reasonable price.

The staff can speak English,some complex sentence they didn't get the meaning but it's not a big problem because they have service mind (same standard of Hotel in Japan//better than hotel in Thailand : Yes,I'm Thai but I dislike hotel service in Thailand)

I booked for superior room,double bed.Room is good and clean.There are international chanel on tv (news and movie,included Chanel 3 Thailand)

I got a good sleep there.The restaurant is on the top fl. I can see Schewdagon Pagoda from there,very bueatiful. Not so many choice for breakfast but not too bad (Western & Eastern Style)

Next time I go Myanmar,I'll stay this hotel again :)

PS. 2,000-2500 MMK for Taxi from hotel to downtown area.

Room Tip: A room with Schewedagon Pagoda is interesting.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear PePo M,

You need to be highly complimented for the very open and frank (sincere) evaluation of us.

YES – this is us and we are absolutely delighted that you choose us to be with.

Attentive staff service – as you have ultimately experienced, we are very much ecstatic to hear as you described. This will bring great smiles from the staff to read.

May all your travels be sheer enjoyment – your kindness is radiant.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Reasonable. It is clean enough and the breakfast is not too bad. It's not luxurious, but it does the trick for a place to keep your things.

As with all hotels I've experienced in Burma, the staff are attentive and try to do their best.

You can exchange your US dollars here for Kyiat at an approx bank rate.

Book your taxis at the hotel and ask the desk for an approx rate, so as to not get ripped off (5,000-6,000 kyiat to the airport at the time of this report).

WiFi is rubbish across the country, so you'd better be prepared.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is my third time staying at this hotel but the internet and wifi is very unstable and not very good. It goes down all the time and it's very difficult to send emails and even have a proper skype conversation. Al the breakfast never changes it's always the same time over and over and over again. I also complained many times to the hotel management but they never do anything or don't even feedback that they are improving.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CloverHotels, Manager at Clover Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Tristan_Anthony,

You should see us now. Sometimes change can be slow taking place in developing countries but you may be surprised on your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Yangon (Rangoon) hotels

Tokyo
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hotel prices are through the roof in Yangoon these days, so you can pay a lot of money for nothing. The Colver wasn't too bad. I have had a lot better, but after 5 days on the road in Burma, I was glad to get back there. It is clean !!

Rooms were big and clean. Bathrooms same, but not much water pressure...a nationwide problem. They had Internet and International TV. Breakfast was nothing special, but it was OK.

I would not go there by if the big hotel prices were the way they used to be, but now they are so high, the Clover is OK. it is a bit out of the way , but walkiing distance to the Schwedegon Pagoda.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Highly priced for the quality of rooms and service.

Room given to me was with no natural light. Clean alright, but they did not change the sheets for the entire time I was there - about a week.

The service - Not up to the mark. The staff was untrained, not empowered to take the smallest of decisions. The bell boys, restaurant, and support staff very kind and helpful otherwise.

The best thing about the hotel is its Restaurant, it over looks the Shwedegon Pagoda, the view at night is stunning. Ask for "Myanmar Food" which is not on the menu and they make these dishes quite tasty. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013