Stayed 5 night in total on three occasions over March. The location is good - quiet and suburban. Easy to get a taxi and Jason the taxi driver who seemed to be attached to the guesthouse was lovely. Fares were only 2000-4000kyat to anywhere in town and it cost me 6000 back to airport.
Getting there from airport was easy by using the taxi stand -cost me 8000 but my friends 7000 so a little random. Print out how to find page from Alamander guesthouse web, it is useful in helping taxi's find it.
I only had the standard room so this was generally room 1, this room is near the restaurant and staff quarters and is noisy BUT when you close windows it is ok, just a pain to have to do this so I would recommend paying extra for a room away from the front. Harder to relax for a bit of an afternoon in your room!
I saw room 1. 3, 4, 5 and 10 from myself and travel companions - all comfortable and it is just 1 and 3 facing restaurant.
Front staff were friendly and helpful when they were there, it is the type of casual place where you end up leaving and taking your key yourself so not ideal if you are very security conscious (in which case a guesthouse is probably not for you anyway). They weren't so great passing messages on but booked us into restaurants etc.
Bathrooms vary but are all large enough but some are wet rooms, providing bathroom thongs would be a nice addition.
Breakfast was large and lovely. Bircher Muesli was our favourite. Service was sometimes a bit of a miss but all food we ate was nice, esp the salads. Price was OK. Would stay again, just in a deluxe room if possible
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Golden Valley, a quiet and green area of Yangon, Alamanda Inn is a charming and family-friendly bed & breakfast with 5 spacious and well-decorated air-conditioned rooms. Surrounded by a beautiful garden, the bar and restaurant offer tasty French food. And to make your stay the most enjoyable, the French and Burmese managers will surely share all their tips on Yangon and Myanmar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Alamanda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamanda Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Alamanda Inn Yangon, Myanmar