After 16 days in Myanmar, I spent my last two nights in this small B&B on a narrow street of large homes, and I was very happy this was the place where I ended my visit. The staff will get a taxi for you day or night. It might take 10 minutes. They will negotiate a good price for you. All the members of the staff were friendly and helpful, but their English is very limited. Their French might be better, as the owners are French.
Which brings me to the food -- wonderful! The best breads and the best juices I had in Myanmar. When I arrived I had a big salad -- fabulous after two weeks without lettuce. The coffee is great too. Now, I'm not complaining about the food in the rest of Myanmar, but the restaurant at Alamanda really was a treat. Heaps of fruit at breakfast -- and not only bananas!
The bed was excellent, the shower good (hot and cold water sort of alternated, but it was not bad), and the quiet, dust-free location was such a nice change from central Yangon. Sitting in the restaurant in the morning, I was reluctant to leave. If you wanted to stay for a week and write, or read, it would be a pleasure.
And the wi-fi is good! And free!
The currency exchange rates were the same as the daily rate (in other words, very fair).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Golden Valley, a quiet and green area of Yangon, Alamanda Inn is a charming and family-friendly bed & breakfast with 5 spacious and well-decorated air-conditioned rooms. Surrounded by a beautiful garden, the bar and restaurant offer tasty French food. And to make your stay the most enjoyable, the French and Burmese managers will surely share all their tips on Yangon and Myanmar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Alamanda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamanda Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Alamanda Inn Yangon, Myanmar