Tripadvisor

from $33.34
from $68.75
from $76.05
13,919 results
All reviews late afternoon plastic bag bare feet awe inspiring remove your shoes gold leaf take your time entrance fee walk around visit yangon rangoon sunset pagoda buddhist complex dusk foreigners
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

All the decadence and wealth of this Buddhist site of pilgrimage. If you like bling, you'll love this pagoda.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Must visit in Yangon, an opportunity to discover indigenous culture, truly peaceful and Be around with the local guide it’s so amazing

1  Thank 352diepv
Reviewed January 19, 2020

If you are scared of foot fungus do not go there. Like all temples - Bare foot. But the place is not to dirty on the floors.
They raise a hefty 12 USD fee from each foreigner.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Shwedagon pagoda is to be said 2600 years old and it's the most sacred place for every Buddhist and it's very peaceful. One can't say he or she had been to Yangon without visiting this pagoda.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

It is a must-see in Yangon when you have chance to go visiting Myanmar. The complex of Pagoda that is so huge. It could take you 2-3 hours to hang around.
To be honest, the local people deeply believe in their religion- Buddha in any age. That is one of primary reason why there is not any conflict or argument during my stay in this capital.

I am really impressed this place as the first spot I visited here that made me breathless with its beauty and religious senescence.

The only scam is: during I and my friend was wandering and experiencing the landscape, there was one guy (the last picture with longyi) told us he is working at the site, he followed us around and introduce us some simple information that i can read in brochure. Then he quote us 200 thousand Kyats account near 200 usd. I don’t agree then he quote us 100 thousand Kyats. I would aware every one to avoid this bad.

In short, every thing is fine here.