“Interesting blend of diner and warehouse club”
Review of 50th Street

50th Street
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: As a legendary institution in Yangon, 50th Street offers a one of a kind atmosphere where you can eat, drink & banter the night away! Just off Merchant Street in the center of downtown Botahtaung Township, 50th Street welcomes you in for a refreshing drink or a bite to eat, while perusing the internet with our free wifi, watching live sport on our various TVs & big screen projector or enjoying a game of shuffleboard, foosball, darts or pool. Come in and relax in one of our spacious booths or enjoy the vibrant atmosphere around our lively bar!
Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

It's a nice place to escape the Yangon traffic and heat of the day. The prices mean it's pretty much deserted in the daytime, and so good for chilling. We enjoyed the chicken pizza. Would be good if they had jugs of cool drinks other than just beer.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

By the end of the second day, after having a massive afternoon tea and spending the rest of the day walking around we were getting a bit tired, hungry and thirsty and decided to look for this place that was recommended by several guides.

We walked for a while and must have missed it a few times, a couple of locals who saw us pass twice asked if we were looking for it and pointed us in that direction.

We had food and beers, my wife had cocktails. It was very good food and a really relaxed atmosphere. It was probably a bit European for us , but i think that is a really good thing for Yangon in general.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Meal: All good!! It's rarely happened in Yangon when I order more than 2 menus and find it all good, nice, delicious and feeling safe. But, it happened in this restaurant. I order 3 plate, they are fish sandwich, beef taco, chicken sapodilla. And then for the beverage, I ordered hot lime with option sugar and honey for make it sweet.
Atmosphere: Homey with dim lamps. The space is fit enough for "Bule" (westerner) size, from the table, couch, chair, and the bar.
Service: Awesome, it has fast service, at that moment the crowd was so so. But, I can't play football table. It's occupied.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

They call this the Myanmar style fried noodles. The taste is ok. Noodles tasted boiled rather than fried but nothing to complain in that department. I like it and it's ok. However, the cooking time is really slow. Took 15-20 minutes for my order to arrive. And... there weren't many people dining there, too. Well, the good thing is, they stuck Myanmar government tax stickers on their bills, so, yay~ a lot of foreign restaurant owners and franchaises don't stick tax stickers and eat up that amount as well, which I strongly... dislike.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Though not my absolute favorite, it's a great place to come back over and over again. I like the atmosphere and the many theme nights they offer. The food is average but I come here to meet people and not to be alone in the big city. Service is very friendly and attentive and I can definitely recommend to come here. Every taxi driver knows this place.