“Have a break”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
New Zealand
“Have a break”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been travelling mow for five months and been travelling on a budget. We decided to treat ourselves and so went to this cafe/bar. It was a Sunday night and the happy you ran all night. I had a pizza (my 6th western meal since being on the road) at it was superb. The waiters were attentive but not pushy. The music was great and not too loud so people could talk. There was a dartboard, pool table and news papers in English. A pleasant place to relax.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
“Watch your change”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We went to 50th Street our second night in Yangon. Walked over from the Strand Hotel. We had a decent meal and got a check for 21,000 chat. I only had 10,000 chat notes from the airport currency bank. Our woman waitperson (who was fine) did not bring our bill. A young man gave us the bill and I thumbed through my cash twice and gave him three new 10,000 bills and asked for change. He left and we waited 10-15 minutes. My wife finally asked for the change. After another 10 minutes, the young man came back and said I only gave him 21,000, which I said was ridiculous. Another 10 minutes and a bunch of shuffling at the register and he came back again and showed me two 10,000 and a 1,000 bill (why they would claim to still "hold" my original bills after 30 minutes is a bit of tacky showmanship). A manager then joined and insisted I was mistaken. I said the only bills I had in my wallet were new bank 10,000 bills and that I understood simple math -- 3 times 10,000 equals 30,000. He finally relented and gave me the change. A very sour note over a scam for about 10 bucks. Third world country mentality so watch your wallet!,

1 Thank lawyer47
Ko Lanta, Thailand
“Sanity”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ok, it's searing hot, you're tired, overheated and a non Burmese speaker, you are sick of endless fried rice (cos it's the only thing you can ask for) and waiters who just giggle and say NO. 50th street is a sane place in an insane city. International menu, good too considering the restrictions, friendly English speaking staff with a will to please the customer who don't stand and stare at you... and recently cider. It's also the place to go watch rugby, test cricket and any other major sporting event. And the air-con always works (too well sometimes). Go. You won't regret it.

• Visited October 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Trendy bar, good food and cocktails”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This restaurant/bar was very inviting. Lovely decor in a western style over two floors. The menu was very good with familar items such as burger and sausages with mash potatoes. Cocktails were also very good.

• Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Great bar, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you are down town and looking for a place to have some time out from the hustle and bustle, this is a great bar. The food and drinks are good; there are tv's with sports etc from all over (including the Australian rules football), and it has very nice decor, atmosphere.

Visited September 2012