“Friendly, helpful and reasonable price for Yangon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yangon (Rangoon)
Three Seasons Hotel
Ranked #33 of 179 Yangon (Rangoon) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2013

$30 seems a lot when compared to SE Asia or the rest of Burma, but it's just a fact that prices are inflated in Yangon especially so after nearly a month in the country I came to find the price here 'reasonable' for the capital. The staff were friendly and helped me get accommodation in Bagan, order a taxi and book bus tickets. When I asked what time breakfast was they said "any time you like, this is your home while you're here". My room was pretty big, with air con, and I had my own bathroom for the price. The only downside is that the room and bed smelt like mothballs. There are cheaper places to stay if you're on a shoestring, but for a balance of good room and price this is a fair choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank UKWWExplorer

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived to Yangon late after the midnight and a young man was waiting for us near the entrance to the hotel. Since the first minute until the last the family who runs the hotel was amazingly helpful with any issues we had: air tickets, information, maps, advice... We asked them to keep our things which we are not going to need until the end of our trip and besides the limited space in the hotel they were absolutely willing to keep it for us for 2 weeks. When we came to pick our things the last day of our trip the lady who runs the hotel was so nice to let us using the shower before our flight.
The accommodation in the hotel is very basic, majority of the rooms have no window, but air condition works pretty well. Lack of sound isolation is pretty annoying - you hear every word of your neighbors and every sound from the other rooms. The shower in the bathroom is very low pressure, but hot water is available. The best thing about the hotel is it's location - it is situated a bit further from the noisy and polluted street and very close to the city center and many attractions. Besides overpriced rooms (what is a big issue in the whole country) the real asset of this place is the staff - always ready to help. And the breakfast was indeed great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nida D
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this guesthouse last week. We found the owner and staff to be incredibly helpful and accommodating, going well beyond what would be considered to be good service. Rooms in Myanmar are expensive, relative to the rest of SE Asia and Yangon is no exception. We paid $30 per room (having previously paid $27 for a dirty room with shared bathroom and toilets) and it was well worth extra $3. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the place relatively quiet and the breakfasts more than adequate.
I would have no hesitation recommending this place to anyone staying in Yangon on a budget but prepared to spend an extra $2-5 (it really is worth it) and if I return to Yangon I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Prices are on the rise in Myanmar as there is relatively little competition. If you've travelle...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank John O
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We arrived at 8am after an overnight flight from Doha. The fact that this delightful litle hotel in a quiet street on the edge of Downtown Yangon welcomed us with a promise that we could have breakfast once a group about to leave left a table empty and that we could take our rooms once cleaned at 9am was the best endorsement I can think of for coming back. Take note fancier establishments! That is what I call great customer service.

This is a very homely, friendly and unfancy place. Our rooom was simple but comfortable and for $50 excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank vegahoilc
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our stay in Yangon would not have been the same without the help and friendlyness or the owner and staff. The breakfast were the best we had in Myanmar and we liked the location, near a big street with plenty of good street food and not to far from paya Sule. The owner helped us to book hotels in other cities (Inle and Bagan), even if almost all the hotels were booked ; we called together at least 20 hotels and she never gave a sign of anoiment ! She also booked taxis for us to be sure we would have the best possible price. Good qualiy for the price !

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Mélissa G
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is overpriced accomodation the room and bathroom are in a bad state of repair - I dont need luxury just clean - the whole night there were mice (hopefully mice) running about in all the panelling the bathroom was disguisting.
On the positive side owner was friendly and breakfast good - but this level of accomodation for mid range needs to be updated

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank holiday_OCD
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This may be a nice hotel, but I never had the opportunity to find out - despite a reservation made six months earlier. Via email, I reserved a room in April 2012 - an extended email exchange that included warm offers of airport pick-ups and solid confirmation. To reassure the hotel, I then emailed to reconfirm in September and again received a definite confirmation. So after taking the night bus from Inle to Yangon, I was looking forward to spending my last few nights in Myanmar at the Three Seasons. However, when I arrived I was greeted by a shriek of 'Full No!'. This came not from the owner, but the organiser of a Singapore tour group that had taken over the hotel. My name was in the reservation book, but the tour group had co-opted the whole hotel and greedily, the owners had agreed. Understandable in an economic if not karmic way, but they had my email and could have warned me. Instead, the woman on reception made some weak excuses, lied, hoped I would go away, then said she had booked a similar hotel nearby.. unfortunately for her that too was a lie and when she couldn't get them on the phone, she rang a rickshaw and sent me to a hotel on the edge of the city. This was the single dishonest and unpleasant experience I had in the country. So, again, might be a nice hotel, but don't count on staying there even if you're booked in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo