City Hotel Yangon
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$108
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
Agoda.com
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$173
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
$260
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$155
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$127
$101
Agoda.com
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
  • Room Service
Summit Parkview Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$70
$59
$35
$31
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssule pagodahuge roomworked finefloorsuitehalalcheckinac
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are very happy to stay in this hotel, we choose suite with month rate usd1800 (is about usd60/day), our suite is around 400sqf and have a lot of space.

No problem when we check in, we made the reservation through email.

Not all the suite are prefect but the friendly staff allowed us to choice the best one from their available suite. Our toilet is clean, no mold, no rat, no bug and no cockroach so far. Water pressure is fine in our room. All the electric appliance work fine in our room.

The bed is big, the linen is clean.

Most important is Wifi is working fine (better than 5 star hotel Traders), good enough to browse internet, check email, make the call in Skype.

The staffs in this hotel are very friendly and helpful, everytime I make the request or ask for the questions, they help me solve the problem immediately (although some staffs not very good in english but we always can get contact with manger and make the request or follow up).

Some guest said their room are facing the next building very close, I think those are standard room (hotel have one side is wall close to wall to next building), all the suite I visited, it has wonderful view of city downtown and river. I guess deluxe room have good view too.

We tried to look around those hostel, B&B, 2-3 star hotels all over downtown all the way from 10 st to 52 st, nothing can compare to what we have in New Aye Yar in term of price, comfortable level, room view, room size and cleanness. We find our room even better to some hotels tried to charge usd100 (standard room) per night.

The complementary breakfast is good enough for me - vegetable salad, noodle soup, congee, fried noodle, fried rice, fried vegetable, curry (fish, mutton or chicken), toast bread, french toast, eggs, fruit, orange juice, coffe, tea.

There are a lot of local restaurant around the hotel, some of them are recommended by Lonely Planet. Also there are 1 shopping mall and 2 supermarket around the hotel.

The only complain is I have made request only change towel once a week, and remind them again 2nd day and remind them again 3rd day, they still change our towel everyday. Then I give up and let them change. The towels are not very well wash.

Anyway, seems all the negative commend here I don't fine it during my stay and I'm think we might stay longer in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine V
Reviewed May 31, 2013

it's not a 3-star hotel based on Western standard, however for Rangoon, it's a decent budget hotel. The tube TV has unrecognizable display, the sound is muffle. There are mold in the bathroom, and don't even think of taking a bath, since the bath tub is pretty filthy. All the furniture seems to be about 100 yrs old and about to fall apart. The windows look over to the next building and close enough that you can hear people talking. But this is Myanmar, and it's pretty normal for hotel in this price range. to make up for the infrastructure shortfalls, the hotel staffs are very friendly and helpfull. The complimentary breakfast is pretty good with good selection.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lam n
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Making a booking for a hotel in Rangoon could be tough these days. Anyway, we wanted to assure a nice sleep and stay in downtown. Accordingly with our expectations, we selected a 3 stars hotel for a high price. (same as in some European Capitals) As we arrived surprises did not stop: -as we made individual check ins, they assign us 2 different rooms (they staff at the hotels did not know that we were there) -Aircon was not working – and when they come up to check it, they did not propose other room or even a Fun. - Bug and a Cockroach in the bath room. - it was difficult to get a good shower as water pressure was very bad. - Even the toilet is white, it look really dirty. - Paint was coming off the wall due to the humidty -Fridge was not working – HOT drinks on the minibar were available and of course, no ice at the hotel. -TV channels were very noisy -And well, we had a nice view from the room, Just 2 meters from the next building window. On the next mornign we came to see the MANAGER, and as it was Sunday, they were not in the hotel.

Veredit: I am not coming back and it a hotels that we dont recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daniel P
NewAyeYar, Manager at City Hotel Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Daniel,

I apologize that you had a very negative experience and we were unable to move you to another room due to being at full capacity. Please know that your experience was the exception. Our hotel came under new management in February and we are in the process of renovating all of our rooms and also the public areas. I hope that if you are in Myanmar again you will give us an opportunity to make amends. We anticipate all of our rooms will be renovated over the next couple of months so none of our guests will need to endure a negative experience such as yours.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A decent hotel which I booked through Agoda at USD 60.00 for two persons per including decent breakfast. The room on the 7th floor was clean which we stayed for 3 nights. We stayed for another one night on the 8th floor after visiting Mandalay and Bagan. The room on the 8th floor was bigger and clean. The staff was friendly. From the hotel, we walked to Sule Pagoda and other colonial old buildings, churches, mosques, chinese and indian temples, Bogyoke market, and the local market near Singapore Food Court. This area is just like Singapore in the 60s.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. Rooms at the side do have have good views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your compliments. We work hard to make sure that our guests have a pleasant stay while in Yangon. Please come see us again if you are ever back in Myanmar and be sure to let us know that you are a returning customer!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

First of all ... I believe that the first comment that you will get for EVERY HOTELS in Myanmar is OVERPRICED !
It is True ! All of Myanmar hotels are overprice because of supply demand things. Myanmar really has hotels shortage for tourists.

So my review here is definitely begin with Overprice hotel ! :)
I don't know why New Ayeyar is considered as B&B inn by tripadvisor because I think it is a hotel category. But true, the hotel is really old and already worn out.

I find that the location is quite good because it's located in downtown area. There are lots of food stalls and small restaurants nearby. In the morning you can walk across the street and find yourself lost in a traditional Yangon market. Chinatown and Bogyoke Market (Scotts Market) is also quite close ... eventhough you better call a taxi for that because taxi there is cheap.

One thing that I like was the Wifi is working in the room. The breakfast I say is good. The room is quite clean with parquet floors but some walls show worn out because of AC leakage. The AC is cool ... love it ! The bathroom is quite worn out.

I stayed here 3 nights, 2 night in standard rooms and one night in suite room. The suite room has newly renovated floor but the bathroom is still worn out. The suite room is HUGE though.

The receptionists and the staffs were pleasant and helpful.

I'm not bias here but reviewing what other hotels that we stayed in during our Myanmar trips, I say New Ayeyar hotel is considered good. Of course DO NOT EXPECT it to be like other hotels in other countries. If you expect to have a 2-star or 3-star world-class standard in a Myanmar hotels, you should be ready to pay USD$150 - $300. Otherwise ... you can stick with the other old, worn out, filthy hotels :)

Mind you if you research your budget according to Lonely Planet Myanmar, then you should recalculate. Myanmar is a fast changing country. When Lonely Planet publish their book in December 2011, it was true that the hotels in Myanmar is cheap ... around USD$10 - 100. But in January 2013, the price at least doubled or tripled for the accommodation.

To sum up, would I choose this hotel to stay if I was visiting Yangon again in the future ? ... YES, if there's no other new hotels in this price category. By the way, I paid for USD$70 for the room per night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jadeblade49

Thank you for your kind words. Our guests are our #1 priority and we know that the internet is very important so we try our best to have the wifi available. Our hotel came under new management in February 2013 and we are in the process of renovating all of our rooms. I'm glad you were able to at least see a partially-renovated room, soon the bathrooms will also be updated to match the rooms! If you return to Myanmar I hope you will consider us again.