White House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$383
$112
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$155
$140
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$135
$114
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
$242
$184
Mercure Yangon Kaba Aye(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
$76
$39
$32
  • Breakfast included
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$82
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$131
$101
Agoda.com
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
$97
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Appalled by the email exchange I have had with this hotel, I feel the obligation to warn my fellow travelers. Trying to make a booking, I received an email stating "Now we have many Reservation. Sometimes, the room that you have booked is not free." ...???...So I wrote back, asking if I confirm that I would be coming a day before, they could guaranteed I have a room so I don't find myself without a bed in the middle of the night after an international flight. The reply: "We try. If you like we take your booking. If you don't like you try some where." Out of sheer curiosity I emailed back saying thank you and I would please like to make a booking then. Upon which I received the following:" Sorry, now we are very busy.Your flight arrival time is too late. you try some where is better for you.". I rest my case.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We paid $25/night for 2 people to get the room “View” on the 9th floor. The room has 4 beds and yes, has a good view of Shwedagon Paya Pagoda. However, I would highly recommend against getting this room because the climb up is strenuous, with no elevator and a big backpack! From the toilet of this room, you can see the Shwedagon Paya Pagoda, which can be inspiring. The second time we stayed here, we got room 203 on the 2nd floor for $22/night. There are 3 beds, but no windows. It is great value if you just want a place to sleep and do not need extra amenities. There is wifi which works fine for us. As well, the breakfast buffet there is wondrous! I would go back to this hotel just for the breakfast! Outside guests must pay $10 for the breakfast.
Arrange transport to the airport from this hotel because one of the brothers will drive you for 8,000 Kyats. If you get an outside taxi, the cost would be slightly more.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lower floors. You pay less and don't have to climb 9 flights of stairs!
2  Thank surgasempurna
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in (what seems to be) the new floor just above reception. Our tiny windowless room had a fan and a stool. And a bed. No window. Reasonable wifi in the room (but you don't really wanna hang out in it).
We actually felt it's quite cozy - a bit like sleeping in a ship.. it was cheap, so compared to other places we stayed in Yangon we found it to be good value.
Mornings were noisy due to street noise. Breakfast on the roof was very good, though climbing all those stairs first thing in the morning was not the easiest task.
We also got relevant travel advice at the front desk, which is not obvious in other hotels.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I arrived there a bit late in evening so the room is small and no window.we had booked one double bed but we are get there only 1 twin bed.staff not much speaking english but the owner is was great.i like them breakfast it better another place in that area . WiFi si slow and not working some time.anyways area is so great area for working.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

For 30$ a night (which is a low price in Myanmar !), you get an AC room, 2 beds (maybe the sheets need a little clean), hot and cold water in the very CENTER of Yangon, next to the Little India, Chinatown and good indian restaurants. Breakfast is really nothing special (like they say in the Lonely Planet, liars :) !!) but the place is cool, backpapers' chill out.