Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
CheapTickets
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews motherland inn free airport pickup change money budget hotel soe soe laundry service guesthouse latt downtown su
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The airport pick up and drop off service is probably the best thing about this place as it saves a fair amount of money on taxis. Other than that its pros are the service- the staff are very friendly, and definitely order a night before for the Myanmar-style breakfast. However, though very clean the rooms are average and it's not very good value for money either, plus the prices seem to be hiking. It's also on the edge of the city centre so you have to walk maybe a mile to get to the centre, for us this was a bonus though as we like walking and Yangon is the kind of city you just want to soak up.

Room tip: DO NOT TAKE ROOM EIGHT the fan is ineffectual and you will roast over night
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank killtacos
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was here at the middle and end of August in 2012. The staff was great (friendly, fluent English). The place was very clean and the price was reasonable. There were some funky smells coming from the toilet in the room I was staying in, but I can't really fault the hotel for Myanmar's plumbing infrastructure.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel at June 2012. First they picked us from the airport for free we were 3 in the room the rate was 35$ with a\c and shower. The room was big enough and the bathroom was nice with shower above the toilet. The best thing was the stuff they were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has also internet, free brackfact and good restaurant. I suggest to book ahead.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank tomarad
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I get the bad experience that should be the case study for the others. I firstly booked with the hotel about 5 months before travvel and get the information on the total charge at a rate (23 USD) but when it is near the travel time, I get the new room rate from this hotel at around 20 % increased (29 USD) (for sure, i get no information before I write the email to confirm for the trip and get the new price !!! Please see that there is no previous notification on this to me before too.
Is this a tricky in your idea?

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SOMWI
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Reasonably clean and tidy, but like a lot of things in Myanmar, very basic.
Location is a little far out of town, so walk, take taxi or brave a bus.
Offers airport pick up if you stay.
A place where lots of travelers stay, so good place to get latest on destinations.

Date of stay: April 2012