“Delicious and authentic”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Holte, Denmark
“Delicious and authentic”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went there for lunch with colleagues and shared a number of different dishes; Curries, Salads (Beetroot and Avocado), Eggplant with beef and sesame - all delicious. Deserts, especially the cakes, are mouthwatering.
Very nice lime soda, but the fruit juices - I tried 2 different - are watery.
The service is good and staff was attentive in spite of the busy hour. Go for a table on the first floor - the second floor is often used for tour groups - but do visit the Loft where they have a shop with very nice clothes and articles for tourists.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
California
“Nice Ambience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Can' rate the food as we only went for a cold drink during our walk about town. Looking at the lunch menu, it looks great, not overly expensive. If you want a nice sit down and relax inside away from the busy polluted street, this is a good respite place. The service we had during our time lounging about in the cool AC is relaxing. We ordered fresh juice and smoothies, and they were great. The bathroom is clean. It was early enough that they was just setting up for lunch. We would go back for a meal when in Yangon. There was a couple with backpacks who came in just to sit down and use the wifi; after reviewing the menu, they walked out. Yes, it pricey by local standard. Local shops just steps down the block, you be sitting on the side walk on the little plastic chairs eating your meal with the heat, noise and exhaust of the cars!

• Visited October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Food, Great Staff!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went there for dinner and was a lovely moment there. The taste of the foods were perfectly great and love to go there again. Staffs were attentive with the smile on their faces and level of their English was great, too. Location is also in the downtown area so it's convenient for me. I would not be hesitate to go there again when I have a chance to go to Yangon again.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not what it thinks it is”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We read about Monsoon in the lp and thought we would give it a go in the hope of finding some really quality tasty food. That’s not to say that the food we had so far was in anyway disappointing! Quite the contrary in fact. Upon arriving at Monsoon we immediately felt underdressed, we were not expecting such a fine looking establishment. Entering in our dirty sweaty clothes from the days excursions backpacks in tow we were asked whether we had a reservation, we did not, but they found us a table upstairs none the less. Downstairs was certainly better furnished and air conditioned but upstairs was still nice. The staff were very attentive poured our beer and water for us which was pleasant. The menu was very extensive, food from all over south east asia as well as some western dishes. The prices for a main started at 5800 kyat beer was 3000 kyat and water 800 kyat. I ordered the Vietnamese dish of black prawns with seasonal vegetables and with black sticky rice and my vegetarian girlfriend order the mushroom pasta (there were other vegetarian Asian dishes availiable). My girlfriends pasta came and it was cold so needed to be sent back and my dish arrived with white sticky rice so I queried this and the response was “this is sticky rice” so I stuck with the white rice. The food was nice but that’s as much praise I would give it. The building and interior was lovely and it was clearly aiming at being a place for westerners to go as by a western standard it was not expensive, by a Myanmar standard it was very expensive though the bill came to over 18000 kyat for 1 beer 1 water 2 mains and some sticky rice, 5% tax is added to the drink and food bill as well as a 5% service charge to each bill. Because of the price and what standard the restaurant is aiming for coupled with the fact I could have had 3 times the amount of food from a standard Myanmar restaurant/food stall and the cold food and mistake with my order I have to say I wasn’t overly impressed. I am maybe being a little harsh but since it is trying to be western it must be judged by a western standard.

Visited October 2012
new zealand
“great evening at less cost than in the west”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

ambience ,food quality,staff ,range of choise ,taxi service at door .This is a classy joint and you pay for what you get .

Visited September 2012