Hotel Windsor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$383
$112
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$155
$140
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$135
$114
Mercure Yangon Kaba Aye(Yangon (Rangoon))
$86
$76
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
$242
$184
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$82
$39
$32
  • Breakfast included
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
$131
$101
Agoda.com
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
$104
$97
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I subscribe most of what already said by Pangnaariuk in his review below.
We arrived (our first day in Myanmar) very early (9 a.m.) and they quickly made a room for us at 2nd floor. That room had old furniture and no external window so we got (after a little more wait to clean it) another in the renovated (well, the style is arguable...) 3rd (top) floor.
It was huge, with (external) windows, balcony, A/C, hot water, WiFi (slow as i guess it will be allover Burma).
Yes it is not in the town center (about 3km and 2 USD taxi) but the location is a quiet, residential area and this is a benefit for me in Yangon.
Excellent noodles at "Happy Café & Noodles", in City Mart (Pyay Rd. corner) at 10min walk.
I got the room through Agoda (prepaid) and the price was good for Rangoon (48USD).

Room Tip: Top floor has been totally renovated and rooms are very good. Things are very different in the floors below.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pulvir
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Staying here right now in the room about 5 meters from the main reception , room smells like a mix of moth balls and raw sewerage , toilet has a sign on it saying "don't flush tissue into toilet" and it's blocked , doesn't flush, explains the smell,rooms are massive but have the same curtains and furniture from the 1960s to me it seems like this hotel has been abandoned and some squatters have moved in to run the place, they have about 30 staff hanging around doing nothing, I didn't even book this hotel, AGODA sent me an email telling me the hotel (MGM)I booked is under renovation and said got to this hotel with the voucher I already have and they will Have a room for you , unless your desperate I would look elsewhere

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Martinzivic
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A friend in Yangon booked this hotel for us. When we read the reports after being told our room was booked I was a nervous wreck - the reviews were so negative. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Our bags were taken from the car up to our room, the staff were friendly and helpful. We had a corner room at the back with two windows and a large window in the huge bathroom. We didn't have hot water but who needs it when the temperature is hovering around 40C? The breakfast buffet was basic but filling, there was free wifi in the dining room, the beds were comfortable and bedding changed daily, along with clean towels. There were renovations going on on the top floor but we heard nothing. When we left we were allowed to pay our bill in Kyat and US$. On Agoda it said there was complimentary taxi service from the airport but we couldn't have that because we'd booked locally. The taxi from the airport cost around $8 which we booked at the airport. The desk clerk told us it is cheaper to book on Agoda. Hotels are not that plentiful in Yangon and we were told that was why the prices were high. As far as location is concerned, it's about $4 taxi to downtown and the staff were always happy to book a taxi for us. We walked to the Shwedagon Pagoda and the large park not to far from the pagoda. The national museum is also close by. Good Chinese food and Sushi just 10 minutes walk away. I enjoyed my time there.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Pangnaariuk
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The "motel" is poorly located not within walking distance to anything you might want to see. Our room had a sliding glass door for a front door that opened up onto the driveway of the motel entrance. Yes, after check in we were escorted back out of the lobby through the entrance to our "room". Bathroom was creepy and unsanitary. Didn't bother to stay on days two and three although we prepaid. Not worth the 70/night and would not have stayed for free. You can find 10x better for double the price and I'm sure if you looked hard you could find 5x better for the same price. Our room, and I hesitate to use the word room here was more like a storage area that was hastily turned into something the owner thought he could get away with calling a room. No hot water, peeling paint Be warned.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barry G
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel is being renovated and quiet noisy at the moment, staff is not very well trained and it all has a 1960's feeling to it. Cleanliness does not seem to be a high priority. Many places in Myanmar are very similar, but things are changing fast

Room Tip: upstairs rooms seem to be better
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple