Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$16
Tripadvisor$16
ZenHotels.com
Travelocity$16
Orbitz.com$16
CheapTickets$16
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Friendly staff, but will never stay or recommend this to anyone any more.
We stayed here for 2 nights before flying to Heho for Inle Lake,
the room was dirty, no hot shower, with TV but no signal.
We asked them to book for 2 air tickets to Heho and found that we were charged 125 each
while others were charged only 117 with the same flight same day. (only few dollars different is not a matter but why its not the same price)

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank goYai C
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room was clean and a pretty good size with A/C that worked very well, which was definitely appreciated. Staff was friendly, continental breakfast in the morning was decent. They are able to arrange tour and bus/airfare bookings which is convenient, and the free airport pickup was greatly appreciated. Lodging in Yangon isn't the cheapest, we weren't able to find a hostel or anything, so this place seemed to be pretty good as far as budget options go, although Myanmar in general was more expensive than expected (prices have definitely gone up in the past 1-2 years).

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mero G
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on the day we arrived and the last night before our flight home. The staff are really accommodating and help us with all the arrangements. The driver/tourist guide he recommended us Mr Thien Toe is like God sent, he knows Myanmar at the back of his hand. No complain about this hotel and the restaurant a few doors away serve very good good.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank lilysnm
Reviewed August 3, 2012

It sounds dramatic, but this place really is shockingly bad. Not because of the rooms, they are reasonable, and not even because of the bathrooms, which are mouldy but functional. The service from staff at Ocean Pearl in Yangon is absolutely atrocious. Simply put - the Ocean Pearl in Yagon CANNOT be trusted to honour your booking, do not expect to be able to book a room and actually have it for the period you booked it for. These guys are really, really inconsiderate of their guests.

I stayed here in early August 2012. At this time, hotel rooms in Yangon are generally hard to come by, as the number of foreign visitors has begun to soar since the recent 'opening' in Myanmar. Foreign investors, businessmen, and high-to-low end travelers are all now pouring in. Basically this means you need to book ahead to get a room.

I did this, booking in with Ocean Pearl before arriving in Yangon. I booked for three nights, knowing that I would need at least a few days to get things done in the city. Late on my second night at Ocean Pearl, the staff informed me that I would need to vacate in the morning as they were 'full'. The night staff don't speak very much English, so I left it until the morning. When I got up in the morning, the staff were very firm about me needing to vacate, despite my booking for three nights and it only being the 2nd night just passed. I argued but to no avail. The staff then told me it was ok because they would book at another hotel nearby and help me to move. I check out, then they told me they couldn't help me move as the hotel driver was gone. I waited and he eventually arrived, and after another argument I got a ride to the 'nearby' hotel.

After arriving at the nearby 'sister' hotel (Hotel Everest), I took a look at the room I was to be staying in. The place was a complete dump. And I really mean, dump. The room was smelly, the bathroom was dark and mouldy. The sheets on the bed were filthy and stained, and the pillow was actually mouldy. I am not kidding. I took a look at another room and it was even worse. I walked downstairs and after checking the room rate - nearly as expensive as the Ocean Pearl itself, I refused to stay there.

I then spent the next two hours trapsing around Yangon, in the rain, with all of my kit, trying to track down a hotel room. Now, I've done that before in cities where I have not booked in advance, but this trip I had booked at the Ocean Pearl, in advance, to avoid this problem as I was aware of the situation in Yangon. Eventually I found a guest house that was prepared to move incoming bookings around a bit to accommodate me - i.e. they were actually helpful and considered that my situation was pretty silly.

I later returned to the Ocean Pearl to pick up laundry (that was also much later than expected), and told them about the wasted morning I had experienced because of them. As far as I could tell they couldn't give a --, having a full hotel of guests to keep them busy and their coffers full.

Like I said at the top, I DO NOT recommend the Ocean Pearl in Yangon. Try anything you can, including making those few extra phone calls, to stay somewhere else when you come here. This place, although the rooms are not TOO dirty and the breakfast is free, is a terrible choice. You never know, it could be you who gets booted out earlier than your booking states and find yourself wandering around Yangon in the rainy season looking for a place to stay...

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
8  Thank Ed G
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is one of the few budget gest houses in Yangon,
which receives booking through its website in the Internet.

If you book online
price single - 15 $ / double - $ 20

No pre-booking : single - 18 $ / double - $ 24

What we liked:
* We met at the airport and taken to the hotel for free
* Always have helped with tickets for the bus, find a taxi at the normal price
* Free of charge stored our bags and notebook as we traveled in Myanmar

What did not like:
Some rooms have no windows.
Sometimes may forget to change the bed,
therefore it is necessary to accurately it right to draw the attention of staff.

Date of stay: December 2011