“Vanilla In Coleslaw Says It All”
Review of No Mercy BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
No Mercy BBQ
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Augusta
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Meat was OK, but needed sauce. Sauce was gross. And for the love of Pete who puts vanilla in slaw??? First bite was incredibly sweet but I wasn't 100% sure what was so dang off and nasty about it. Second bite drove home it tasted like cabbage and ice cream. Nope, won't be back and will most certainly get the ol' hubby to stop by Hog Wild's on his way home from work if ever a BBQ hankering hits again. That travels well if you order your meat separate from your buns to reassemble at home. I am starting to get why my kids beg for my food and cringe over take out.

There are newer reviews for No Mercy BBQ

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We won a gift certificate to No Mercy and decided to use it on a Friday night. The restaurant was clean and no crowded, although there were several people there. I ordered the ribs and pulled pork, and my husband had the half rack of ribs. The pulled pork was good, but the ribs were AMAZING. Tender, great flavor, and delicious! The baked beans were good, made with several different types of beans. The only drawback was the potato salad. It did not taste homemade and was just okay. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our meal. We'll definitely be back!

2  Thank bookaholic1970
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I ate there with a coworker one day. It is right next to City Hall, and it always smells good from the street. The location isn't the best (limited parking). The pulled pork was nothing to write home about, but edible. This is a place that doesn't have a soda fountain: everything is sold by the bottle (except iced tea), so if you are thirsty for soft drinks it will bankrupt you. The bbq sauces were good. I didn't spring for ribs, so I can't speak of that, but overall I don't think it's anything to get excited about. It was a clean, friendly place to eat. I would recommend this over the usual crap of McD's, et al....

1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The brisket was wonderful and the meat fell off of the ribs. They also serve Mountain Oysters and they were good.
I just cant figure out the BBQ sauce. It must be a vinegar base with a litte pepper juice thrown in, didnt like it so I didnt use it.
The sides were a toss up.

Black eyed peas ....good
Smoked cabbage...not so good
Coleslaw. ...good
Green beans....excellent
Fried okra....excellent
Smoked Cheddar.....wonderful

1  Thank dhorn62

Been to No Mercy BBQ? Share your experiences!