“Jack and Janelle are awesome”

Traveller's Budget Motel
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Jack and Janelle are awesome”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on the last night of our trip to Vanuatu as it is about 10 mins from the airport and we had a really early flight the next day. Jack and Janelle are legends. They responded promptly to my emails regarding airport transfers, booked the transfers for us at a great price, and made us feel at home as soon as we got there. It is value for money and we'd recommend it to anyone who is exploring Vanuatu on a budget. As we were only there for one night we didn't get to experience breakfast, etc - but the kitchen looked very well set up for organising your own food, and the room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. It is also an easy stroll to town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rachael H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Traveller's when we went to Vanuatu for a holiday. We decided on Travellers because of the price and the reviews written on Trip Advisor. We made the right decision. Jack, Janelle, Regina and staff, plus Sinder were all wonderful and welcoming. The place was comfortable, clean, cool and had everything we needed. The free wifi was a bonus too! The pool was so refreshing after a hot day out. The help that was given to book all of our tours was second to none. They went above and beyond to even arrange extra tours to some that were completely booked out.They took the time out when we first arrived to tell us a bit about the island and how transport works and find out what we wanted to do while we were there. And you cannot go past Regina's wonderful breakfasts. I've never had anything like it and highly recommend the fruit salad and omlettes! As for Vanuatu itself- its just an amazing place. I highly recommend the cascade abseil and Ekasup cultural village tour. And if your game try Kava- not the nicest thing in the word to drink but the effects are good!!!!! Thanks again Jack Janelle and Regina my holiday was awesome and i hope to see you in the future when i come back for another holiday :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Olivia H
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend and I have just come back from a lovely week in Port Vila staying at the lovely Traveller's Budget Motel. I decided on staying here after reading so many lovely reviews and I am happy to say they were all right. Jack and Janelle made us feel so welcome from the first moment that we arrived until it was time to say goodbye. They went out of their way to make sure that we were having a great time and booked us on to the trips that we wanted. I was also impressed with how helpful they were with quick responses to emails before arriving. We stayed in room 1 which was perfect for us as a little quieter. The room was lovely and clean each day with the bonus of beach towels provided. It was great to have free wireless internet too. We were lucky to chat to some other lovely guests while staying and enjoyed seeing the New Year in with them. Thank you so much Janelle, Jack, Regina and all the other staff that work so hard to make their guests have a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Juliet S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in December while I was at a conference in Port Vila. What an amazing place and such friendly staff! Great location- an easy 10-15 min walk into the city centre where you can grab food or have a drink. The staff were great at assisting me with directions, and hailing transport to the airport. Very helpful with letting us know what are reasonable prices around Vanautu- which ended up being great when we spent a couple days on Tanna (thanks for the tips Janelle!). The motel itself was very clean, and security was good in the evenings as they locked the front gate and only those staying at the motel had the key to enter the premise. You could use the kitchen and fridge so buying food from the market and cooking it up at the motel was very easy- we cooked crabs and veggies one night. The room was spacious- had two single beds and an ensuite washroom, and a small kitchenette. There was also a pool which was nice and clean and very refreshing on hot afternoons!
Jack and Janelle are great company and it was nice to chat with them and hear some stories about Vanuatu. Very easygoing couple and very friendly! I would easily stay here again and would definitely recommend this motel to any others looking for a great, safe, and super friendly place to stay in Port Vila! Thanks again so much Jack, Janelle, and the rest of your staff- I had an amazing time and I hope to return again soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TheCanuckTraveller
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I couldn't be more happy about our accomodation. Great people, lots of help, good rooms and good vibes. This place is an excellent starting point to Vanuatu. Happy that we stayed there. Thank you Jack, Janell and Regina

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Kisnucc
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We based ourselves here for the duration of our 10-day stay in Vanuatu having arrived at the airport without any plans. Jack and Janelle were ever so helpful in recommending, organising and booking trips to Nguna, Lelepa and Tanna for us. We had been wanting to travel to Tanna for Christmas but were unable to find any flights ourselves. Janelle managed to get us there by using her contacts at Air Vanuatu and spending a lot of her own time organising our journey for us.

Overall very friendly staff. Clean, tidy, air conditioned, ensuite rooms. Swimming pool.

As many other reviewers have mentioned a great place to exchange stories with other travellers and find out some of the best places to visit.

We'll definitely be back the next time that we visit.

Thanks guys
Jonathan & Donna

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Jonno1969
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was looking for a dorm bed for one night, but as the dorm was full, manager Janelle offered me a great value for a double room. It was very clean & bright, sheets were clean and bed was comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. One of them took me on a tour to try local food and see some of the sights. While this isn't a certainty for everyone who stays here, it was a highlight for me, helped make my trip very memorable and speaks to the friendliness of the staff. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo