“Great base for your trip”

Traveller's Budget Motel
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great base for your trip”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Felt like a home from home. Great atmosphere to meet people. Clean, good value. Good base in Vila for exploring Vanuatu. Jack and Jannelle are very nice and knowledgable. Ask Regina nicely to take you on an authentic Kava bar crawl! Also see Franco for motorbike hire, lovely way to see Efete!

1 Thank Cosmic_teapot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived, hot and confused, in Port Vila and could not have been happier to be greeted at the airport by Pre-arranged transport from Travellers. On arrival, we were extremely warmly welcomed, and everything just carried on getting better from there.

The owners and staff are just incredible in terms of service and spirit. Jack and Janelle literally made our holiday, advising us where to go and making all the arrangements, even lending us a few Vatu for our first meal because the banks were shut and we had no local cash.

After jetting around the islands, we returned (twice!) to Travellers and shared our stories and felt quite happy and at home.

Would recommend above anything and everything else.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Will L
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Being able to return to Traveller's each night a huge relief after our hard work during the day in Vanuatu. The food was great, there was a pool to cool off in, the rooms were clean and had air conditioning and the service provided by Jack, Janelle and Regina was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nik B
Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am a student from Germany and I did a semester abroad in Australia. I wanted to visit a place more exciting and exotic and decided to go to Vanuatu. In total, I stayed in 4 different hotels...

My first stop was Port Villa and I booked a room in the Traveller's Budget Motel in advance. I honestly have to say that I couldn't have been any more lucky!! In hindsight this hotel was the best thing that could have happened to me.

I travelled alone because i was looking for and adventure...and I did not plan a single activity in advance! The owners of the hotel, Jack and Janelle, were more then welcoming! They were extremely friendly and helpful. With the few people that stayed at the hotel during the time i was there, a very friendly and familial atmosphere developed. The owners gave a lot of good advice on what to do and what not to do, how to get to know the locals and how to travel on a budget...they were speaking from a ton of experience and had some great storys to tell. They even offered me to drive me into the center of the town and treated me and some of the other guests to some local beer at night.

In comparison to the other hotels i stayed at, this hotel has by far been the best. aside from the friendly atmosphere, the rooms were cleaned on a daily basis. the bathroom and the beds were in good condition and the pool and chill out area was always tidy as well! Even my dirty clothes got washed for free!

I could go on and on in writing little anecdotes about how the owners of the hotel made my stay in Vanuatu that much more pleasant, but i think you can catch my drift! If you want to experience the real side of Vanuatu, and are on a budget, this is were you should go!

I stayed at the hotel in August 2011 and I never got around to writing this review...But this hotel deserves the best review it can get! Maybe you read this review remember me, I really want to thank you for helping me out during my stay in Vanuatu and for being so nice and helpful! Daniel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank DanielMoe
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Vanuatu in which I stayed at the Traveller's Budget Motel. I can safely say that if I went back I would have no hesitations about staying there again. The service of Jack and Janelle, the two wonderful owners, was second to none, I couldn't have asked more. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the food was great, breakfast lunch and dinner, no complaints. Jack and Janelle are two of the nicest people I have ever had the luck to meet and I would suggest that anyone looking to travel to Vanuatu should seriously consider staying there. Everytime we went back to our rooms they were cleaned spotlessly. Jack and Janelle go as far as humanly possible to ensure that your stay is a good one. It is close the main street and it is also close to the beach, within walking distance. You will not regret a stay at the wonderful place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James S
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rooms clean and comfy, service fantastic. Food was amazing and prepared with love by our new 'Mum' Regina. A great base to use if you want to explore the real Vanuatu islands.

Jack knows all the places and people to see if you need anything in Vanuatu. Our group were treated like Kings and we plan to be back next year!!

Thanks from all the Football Outreach Vanuatu team from Australia!!

3 Thank FootyOutreach2012
Katherine, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We required a cheap hotel to stay overnight before flying to Santo. We booked Traveller's Budget because it was cheap and in a good location. We turned up, expecting it to be dodgy given the awesome cheap price. Man, were we wrong! As soon as we stepped through the gate we were met by Jack who welcomed us and introduced us to everyone. Room was perfect and simple. All we needed.
As we were flying to Santo the next day on a small plane, we had to be mindful of our baggage weight. We had way too much! We asked Jack if we could leave one of our bags with him for a week and he couldn't have been more helpful. He locked it away and it was kept safe for us until we returned.
The next morning we had to be up early for our flight. Jack was up at 5am with us and waited out on the road with us to ensure our taxi driver arrived. When the driver was late, Jack offered to drive us to the main road to hail one.
Jack has fantastic local knowledge and would help in any way he could.
So if you're looking for somewhere friendly, simple and to meet new people, Traveller's Budget is the place for you!

3 Thank NessieAndPaul