“Home Away from Home”

Kingston, Jamaica
“Home Away from Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Janet B (Patti)

My recent stay in Vanuatu was made even more awesome by Jack and Janelle's hospitality, clean rooms with squeaky clean bathrooms (a must!!!). My needs were facilitated as fast as they were articulated. During my two week stay in Vanuatu I had to travel to other islands and stayed in three other really nice hotels but nothing could beat the feeling of "going home' when I was returning to Traveller's. (the feeling surprised even me!!).
Thanks again Jack and Janelle. Best wishes. Happy Christmas.

6 Thank Janet B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nelson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

My 21 yo daughter and I recently travelled to Vanuatu. We were keen to avoid the ‘Resort scene’ as we hoped to connect with the ‘real Vanuatu’ as best we could in our one short week (which proved too short by far!).
Our best decision, following Trip Advisor advice, was to spend our first three nights at the Travellers Budget Motel. As already indicated by others this motel is such good value for money; it is well appointed & spotless (thanks Lily), well located (central Vila minutes on foot or 150 vatu by minivan), relaxing & comfortable (shady rooms around central courtyard with planting, nakamal, pool and communal kitchen) and so totally safe & friendly (thanks Jack and Janelle and fellow travellers).
Travellers best asset however are Jack and Janelle who went out of their way to get to know us, understand our aspirations for the week and help us plan our stay. Their local knowledge and willingness to impart it was invaluable and made negotiating transport, shopping and planning little excursions (eg. to the Cascades, Tanna Coffee Factory, Hideway Island or even just down to the local bakery or supermarket etc.) fun and inexpensive. Nothing was a too much of a problem to them.
Janelle worked tirelessly to make arrangements for our flights and accommodation on Tanna while we spent the day swanning around Efate. We are eternally grateful for this as our time on Tanna proved to be one of the highlights of our visit.
We totally recommend the hospitality of Jack and Janelle to fellow independent travellers.
And there is nothing like Janelle’s legendary fruit salad & yoghurt to get you started for the day…….
Julie and Sunniva

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Julie J
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I recently traveled to Vanuatu for business and the Travellers motel was somehow my home away form home for one week thanks to the kindest dedication of Jack and Janelle !
Would recommend without any doubts !!!

4 Thank Sandra A
Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Travellers for three nights at the end of our trip. We absolutely loved it! Jack and Janelle have truly made it feel like home. The rooms are great, clean and comfy. And the communal kitchen, pool and outside dining area are perfect for cooking your own meals and meeting other travellers. We felt so at ease and they were both so willing to offer us tips and advice on things to do. I would highly recommend Travellers to anyone looking for a place to stay with that touch of home and local knowledge. And terrific value! Thanks again Jack and Janelle for a great end to our trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Emily J
Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Two colleagues and I recently were in Vanuatu on a work assignment and made this wonderful place our base. Although we had made reservations before coming, once we arrived we took the opportunity to view a few other small to medium size hotels for comparison. We found that none could compare to the warmth and feeling of welcome which met us at Travellers. All the details were addressed, from the fresh milk and carafe of drinking water in the fridge to the fluffy towels neatly folded out on the tidy bed, and the absolutely spotless bathroom. Our hosts, Jack and Janelle spared nothing in seeing to our needs, including additional reading lamps in the rooms, electrical extensions and extra long cables to ensure that we could work from any corner of the bedroom in case the wifi signal was not strong enough for our purposes. For the 2 weeks that I was there, I felt as if I was staying with friends: the cosy atmosphere of the open kitchen in the evenings and chatting with the interesting guests who are always on the go was an experience in itself, and so far removed from the aloofness so often a part of the big hotel experience. My early morning walks to the bakery for just- baked bread, the market for fresh fruits, and the Chinese grocery on the corner for snacks (while not necessary since Janelle's trusty pantry was always full) afforded me the sense of being one of the locals. Take it from a hardened traveller - you can't get better value for your bucks whether for business or vacation..

4 Thank Valerie G
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

My best mate and I checked into the Travellers in October 2011 and we were so happy we had chosen to stay there. Nothing was too much trouble for Jack and Janelle and they went over and beyond any expectations. Their local knowledge is 2nd to none and they can help you plan everything you want to experience. I felt instantly relaxed and pampered as soon as I walked in and met them both. Truely an amazing place to stay and I can't wait to go back and visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank RamonDow
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and I visited 'Travellers' in August 2011 and were absolutely thrilled with our choice! We were looking for a nice home base to use while we explored the town and surrounds. It was clean, comfortable, super friendly and really a great place to stay in Port Vila. Jack and Janelle are ex-pat Aussies and are great hosts, overflowing with local knowledge and info on all the great things to do in town. It's only 7 minutes walk to the Port Vila waterfront,shops and restaurants so it is well situated to explore these places on foot or if you feel lazy you just step out the front gate and hail a bus or taxi. Travellers Budget Motel is really great value for money, it exceeded our expectations and we will definitely be staying there next time.
Scott & Kathy
Queensland
Australia

Room Tip: In August a fan cooled room was sufficient for us but Oct to Mar you may need aircon....