The Pacific Lagoon Apartments isn’t a 5 star resort and doesn’t claim to be, but it can give a true taste of that laid back lifestyle of Vanuatu. Chris, the Aussie manager, has the job everyone envies! He did make a big sacrifice though and resides in one of the apartments with a garden view instead of the ocean view. There are about a dozen apartments and you only have 1 apartment next to you and lots of greenery separating you from the others. Apparently Erakor Lagoon can get quite windy, but I enjoyed listening to the swaying coconut palms outside. And speaking of coconuts, don’t be afraid to ask Chris or one of the staff to pick a few fresh ones for while you are there. If you haven’t planned any tours or activities before you get there, don’t worry, Chris has all the local knowledge and will arrange anywhere you may want to go. He has endless suggestions. Even if you have booked a tour through an agent it would still pay to ring and confirm they will be picking you up as sometimes tours are cancelled if there are small numbers. In particular I suggest just doing a private tour around the Island on the ring road with Seth and his mini bus which Chris can arrange. There is an art gallery next door to the PLA which you can access via walking along the beach, or keep walking a little further and get the ferry to a restaurant on the other side of the lagoon. If you are after accommodation that is very quiet and great for kids and BBQs and only a short mini bus trip away from the center of Port Villa, give it a go, you won’t regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the water's edge in a peaceful garden setting Pacific Lagoon Apartments is conveniently located, a little out of town, at the mouth of picturesque Erakor Lagoon, near other resorts and 4 kilometres from Port Vila town centre. Our eleven 2 bedroom apartments are fully serviced, have well equipped kitchens, satellite TV, in-house DVDs, kayaks and barbecue. Our friendly staff will look after you and PLA can be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pacific Lagoon Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Lagoon Apartments Hotel Port Vila
- Pacific Lagoon Apartments Vanuatu/Port Vila