I had high expectations for Benjor Beach Club and I was a little let down to be honest. We had to leave early due to my grandfather's death and the staff didn't really go out of their way to make this process any easier for us. The location was quiet but quite a long way from the town and any grocery stores, making it difficult to self cater. The rooms, though spacious and comfortable, were only cleaned every 3 days and for "addition services" you had to pay something ridiculous like $100 for something other resorts do willingly for free. By the second day, especially living with a teenage boy, our room was very dirty and the bathroom was crawling with bugs. The towels were constantly wet because they weren't being replaced and the weather wasn't great during out stay so we couldn't dry them in the sun.
I found the lighting in the rooms to be quite depressing to be honest, and found myself staying in the bedroom not wanting to face the harsh lighting of the living area. The resort itself is quite picturesque but the "deck chairs" they provide for you to admire this, probably will cost my a future trip to a chiropractor. They advertise a mini golf course, which is concrete, making the actual mini golf playing extremely difficult.
The quality of the wifi was shocking and may as well not have been there at all - I couldn't even load a web page.
The staff were very friendly and we met the manager who was a kind man and offered to drive us to the restaurant we were dining at one night after we waiting for an hour in the pouring rain for a bus the reception told us they called...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely boutique 3.5 star resort located 15 mins from Port Vila and 10 minutes from the International Airport, on 23 acres of absolute oceanfront, all Villas with ocean views, fabulous restaurant and wedding chapel, simply delightful. Attractions within 5 mins from Benjor include kayaking and snorkelling tours, diving, horseriding, zorbing, Firedancing, Jungle Zipline, International Golf Course, Botanical Gardens and the world famous Cascades Waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Benjor Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benjor Beach Club Hotel Port Vila
- Benjor Beach Hotel
- Benjor Beach Resort
- Benjor Beach Club Vanuatu/Port Vila