We have just returned from 14 days at Benjor and agree wholeheartedly with other reviewers in that the resort is all as described and the staff and management are also very helpful and friendly.
The staff also made a very special effort in preparing a wedding for a couple from a cruise ship whilst we were there with the most beautiful floral displays.
Having said that we were very disappointed that the beach was definitely not suitable for snorkelling as it was just too dangerous to reach the coral shelf from the beach at Benjor.
However as a tip for others that may be planning on staying at Benjor we were incredibly lucky to discover that just 10 minutes easy walk further (west) along the road is Tara Beach Resort. There we found a gem in Christine who took us down to the little jetty where they regularly feed the beautiful tropical fish. In addition there was safe access to the coral where we snorkelled at every opportunity. All the staff (owned and operated by locals) at Tara were brilliant and after the swim we had refreshments overlooking the beach and the crazy parrot fish that feed in very close to the shore. IT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST SEE!!!
Another highlight was an eccentric expat who arrived at Benjor for breakfast/lunch/dinner in his helicopter daily. It seemed to be very popular with the many local ex-pats who reside nearby.
If you are looking for a good work-out a trek to the top of Sandlewood Estate (about 400 feet high, up a winding track)overlooking Benjor will reward you with breathtaking views to Vila.
Benjor's location is a little too isolated and the access road is atrocious.
The staff also arrange transport and tours. We can recommend Atmosphere tours around Efate (cost approx $80.00 pp) and the Coongoola cruise which includes a visit to Moso Island (cost approx $100.00pp).
Added to the cost are the meals which (for mains) are about $25.00 - $30.00 each .
The bus to Vila is about $4.50 per person each way.
There are TV's in the rooms but you will need to also add an additional $3.50 to the cost of hiring DVD's as they are not connected to free to air TV.
All prices are approximate and quoted in Australian dollars at the time of writing.
They also have a collection a some very good books in their library which are free to read.
It is also imperative that you bring very good walking shoes as the little coral paths are very uneven and the surrounding roads very rough.
We were also fortunate to meet the new managers who were just taking over and as I said to Eva and Kevin we wish them well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely boutique 3.5 star resort located 15 mins from Port Vila and 10 minutes from the International Airport, on 23 acres of absolute oceanfront, all Villas with ocean views, fabulous restaurant and wedding chapel, simply delightful. Attractions within 5 mins from Benjor include kayaking and snorkelling tours, diving, horseriding, zorbing, Firedancing, Jungle Zipline, International Golf Course, Botanical Gardens and the world famous Cascades Waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Benjor Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benjor Beach Club Hotel Port Vila
- Benjor Beach Hotel
- Benjor Beach Resort
- Benjor Beach Club Vanuatu/Port Vila