“WHAT A COOL PLACE”
Review of Benjor Beach Club

Benjor Beach Club
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I must have been one of the people to stay just after Bruce and Sally the new managers started. Don't know about the people before but these ones are very friendly and tried to acccommodate all my requests. The people of Vanuatu are simply stunning - very friendly with the best smiles. My room was very large with a great deck looking at Mele Bay. I did have to ask for extra towels half way through my stay but these were given to me with a smile so no problem really. The grounds are really lovely - well planted and all fronting the ocean. I did alot of action related activities including snorkeling from Benjor and the kayak tour run from Benjor's beach - both great. I can also reccomend a trip to the Beach bar located a short bus ride from for the Fire Dancing night. This is good clean budget/middle of the road accommodation and being all ocean front with a nice restaurant and pool - couldn't really go wrong.

Room Tip: All seemed pretty good as all faced Mele Bay so got views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robz577

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed four nights at Benjor Resort and the highlight was probably the snorkelling - only had to go a short way of the beach and were in amazing coral and hundreds of bright colourful fish. Really great. The room was large and had a great deck looking at the ocean. We found the staff delightful and the restaurant very pictuesque with lovely fresh food bistro style. All in all a really pleasent stay and we would most likely come back if travelling back to Port Vila.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carrie c
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently spent a week at Benjor Beach Club and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

The gardens are beautifully kept and add to the stunning ocean views and tropical setting.

I ate at the resorts restaurant every day I was there, the food was delicious, the service was consistently excellent, the staff were always friendly and made us feel welcome and comfortable. It was so relaxing being able to lounge around on the outdoor lounge suites with a couple of drinks before dinner looking out across the ocean. The music and lighting contributed to the happy and chilled out atmosphere.

The staff were attentive, considerate and helpful, giving us useful information about the area. We booked an "around the island" tour through Benjor which we found to be cheaper than the equivalent tour booked through other avenues. We found management to be very approachable and nothing was too much trouble.

Thank you Benjor Beach Club for a wonderful and memorable holiday!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had our wedding at Benjor on New Years Eve and booked out the whole resort for a week with all our guests. The resort grounds were beautiful, the rooms definately need some money spent on them and are in desparate need of air conditioners. We stayed in the honeymoon retreat ( if you could call it that??). The fan only worked on the slowest speed, we never had hot water and the light didn't work in the bathroom and couldn't be fixed the whole week we were there. I had to do my make up by iphone light.
I must say the local staff were amazing ...Fred and Nola were great. They were put under alot of pressure though and the meals took for ever to get, not the locals fault though.
As for our wedding reception, if it wasn't for Allen it would have been perfect. I have never met such an obnoxious man in my life, he thought he new everything and he knew nothing!! The childrens food I had organised for the wedding reception never showed and they ran out of the wine and champagne I had ordered. The only thing Allen did was walk around smoking and drinking and swearing in the restaurant and yelling at the staff. He also tried to give my 10 year old nephew fireworks to light.....and the young girls and teenagers felt very creeped out by him. I must say though that Bec was wonderful and I had only communicated with her for the year before. I definately would have changed my mind about location if i had met Allen previous to arriving.This resort has great potential just needs some money spent on it and get rid of ALLEN !!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank kimjas67
happygirlmm, Owner at Benjor Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. And can I firstly let you know that Bec & Allen have left the Resort. We have great new General Managers who are highly professional, warm, efficient people. We are very much committed to fixing the wrongs of the last few months in particular. I am personally sorry for the poor experience you received and I have sent you a private email which you will recieve shortly to address in full the problems. On a more upbeat note I am really pleased that you could see our potential and loved our staff - they really are great!! On a practical note - we have since mid January been going through all the rooms spring cleaning, painting, fixing everything and generally getting Benjor back to the standard it was before. Again my apologies but rest assured we are back on track and hope to have you back with us in a far nicer way in the future. Miranda Kopittke

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have had an incredible experience staying at Benjor.

A huge thank you to the Managers, Allan and Bec, they made our stay so enjoyable.
Especially to Allan, thank you as you always were willing to go that extra step out of your way to ensure our every need was taken care of and pointed us in the right direction for any tours or places that would suit our interests !

We had unbelievable meals every day, especially the Steak & Seafood !
The New Zealand Oysters here are fantastic, my friends and I had the pleasure of indulging in plenty and all the specials available on the menu, of which we must have gone through them all and would gone for 2nds if we had any room left ! !

Thank you Allan for being open to talk and share your wealth of wisdom and some comical life experiences with us which made us feel very special.

It was a real pleasure to have the company of such exceptional managers at the resort on holiday.
Great.

Room Tip: Ocean Spa Villa
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hi all,
We stay at Benjor everytime time we are in Port Vila which last November was our 8th year in a row..as always the Staff and management go out of their way to make our stay the best experience possible..The food at the restaurant is superb & affordable.
Thanks to Rebecca & Alan for looking after us and a big Thankyou to Fred Austin & Staff for always making us feel like 'Numba Wun'
I highly recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for somewhere out of town away from the busy part of the city but close enough to all the attractions & activities.

Rob & Lynn
Point Cook,Victoria

Room Tip: the 1 bedroom ocean villas are close to the pool & beach,the 2 bedroom villas are new & are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

million dollar view, with a placid relaxed, clean, private and comforting experience.
Our arrival consisted of a shy joe waiting patiently for my girl and I at the airport with a nice trinket necklace and pick up to the resort moist towel and water in hand he quietly proceeds to give us a running commentary of the things as they Cruise pass by, upon arrival simple and refreshing cocktails are provided, while our bags are taken to our room, we are introduced to stephen, whom from that moment takes a personal interest in our stay and comfort.
The room was just what we were after very basic and homely with beautiful tropical flowers placed around the site, a deck looking out to the ocean and a futon to place our clothing for the stay, I will state that if the weather had not been as perfect as we had then possibly not the best but i do not watch television and the resort had a terrific library and games room that you are free to utilize, though I don't really understand why you would come here to watch tele anyways.
As a whole the place was more than words and the staff while very relaxed were so accommodating to our requirements,
Allen and Rebbecca, the managers were outstanding hosts providing a European mentality and answer to some of the curious sights seen on the island, as well saving the day when we left one of our bags in the taxi and getting up at 6am to drive us around to track down the guy to make our flight five minutes before take off.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple