“Beautiful views, relaxing setting and delightful staff!”
Review of Benjor Beach Club

Benjor Beach Club
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently spent a week at Benjor Beach Club and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

The gardens are beautifully kept and add to the stunning ocean views and tropical setting.

I ate at the resorts restaurant every day I was there, the food was delicious, the service was consistently excellent, the staff were always friendly and made us feel welcome and comfortable. It was so relaxing being able to lounge around on the outdoor lounge suites with a couple of drinks before dinner looking out across the ocean. The music and lighting contributed to the happy and chilled out atmosphere.

The staff were attentive, considerate and helpful, giving us useful information about the area. We booked an "around the island" tour through Benjor which we found to be cheaper than the equivalent tour booked through other avenues. We found management to be very approachable and nothing was too much trouble.

Thank you Benjor Beach Club for a wonderful and memorable holiday!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Benjor Beach Club

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had our wedding at Benjor on New Years Eve and booked out the whole resort for a week with all our guests. The resort grounds were beautiful, the rooms definately need some money spent on them and are in desparate need of air conditioners. We stayed in the honeymoon retreat ( if you could call it that??). The fan only worked on the slowest speed, we never had hot water and the light didn't work in the bathroom and couldn't be fixed the whole week we were there. I had to do my make up by iphone light.
I must say the local staff were amazing ...Fred and Nola were great. They were put under alot of pressure though and the meals took for ever to get, not the locals fault though.
As for our wedding reception, if it wasn't for Allen it would have been perfect. I have never met such an obnoxious man in my life, he thought he new everything and he knew nothing!! The childrens food I had organised for the wedding reception never showed and they ran out of the wine and champagne I had ordered. The only thing Allen did was walk around smoking and drinking and swearing in the restaurant and yelling at the staff. He also tried to give my 10 year old nephew fireworks to light.....and the young girls and teenagers felt very creeped out by him. I must say though that Bec was wonderful and I had only communicated with her for the year before. I definately would have changed my mind about location if i had met Allen previous to arriving.This resort has great potential just needs some money spent on it and get rid of ALLEN !!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank kimjas67
happygirlmm, Owner at Benjor Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. And can I firstly let you know that Bec & Allen have left the Resort. We have great new General Managers who are highly professional, warm, efficient people. We are very much committed to fixing the wrongs of the last few months in particular. I am personally sorry for the poor experience you received and I have sent you a private email which you will recieve shortly to address in full the problems. On a more upbeat note I am really pleased that you could see our potential and loved our staff - they really are great!! On a practical note - we have since mid January been going through all the rooms spring cleaning, painting, fixing everything and generally getting Benjor back to the standard it was before. Again my apologies but rest assured we are back on track and hope to have you back with us in a far nicer way in the future. Miranda Kopittke

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have had an incredible experience staying at Benjor.

A huge thank you to the Managers, Allan and Bec, they made our stay so enjoyable.
Especially to Allan, thank you as you always were willing to go that extra step out of your way to ensure our every need was taken care of and pointed us in the right direction for any tours or places that would suit our interests !

We had unbelievable meals every day, especially the Steak & Seafood !
The New Zealand Oysters here are fantastic, my friends and I had the pleasure of indulging in plenty and all the specials available on the menu, of which we must have gone through them all and would gone for 2nds if we had any room left ! !

Thank you Allan for being open to talk and share your wealth of wisdom and some comical life experiences with us which made us feel very special.

It was a real pleasure to have the company of such exceptional managers at the resort on holiday.
Great.

Room Tip: Ocean Spa Villa
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hi all,
We stay at Benjor everytime time we are in Port Vila which last November was our 8th year in a row..as always the Staff and management go out of their way to make our stay the best experience possible..The food at the restaurant is superb & affordable.
Thanks to Rebecca & Alan for looking after us and a big Thankyou to Fred Austin & Staff for always making us feel like 'Numba Wun'
I highly recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for somewhere out of town away from the busy part of the city but close enough to all the attractions & activities.

Rob & Lynn
Point Cook,Victoria

Room Tip: the 1 bedroom ocean villas are close to the pool & beach,the 2 bedroom villas are new & are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

million dollar view, with a placid relaxed, clean, private and comforting experience.
Our arrival consisted of a shy joe waiting patiently for my girl and I at the airport with a nice trinket necklace and pick up to the resort moist towel and water in hand he quietly proceeds to give us a running commentary of the things as they Cruise pass by, upon arrival simple and refreshing cocktails are provided, while our bags are taken to our room, we are introduced to stephen, whom from that moment takes a personal interest in our stay and comfort.
The room was just what we were after very basic and homely with beautiful tropical flowers placed around the site, a deck looking out to the ocean and a futon to place our clothing for the stay, I will state that if the weather had not been as perfect as we had then possibly not the best but i do not watch television and the resort had a terrific library and games room that you are free to utilize, though I don't really understand why you would come here to watch tele anyways.
As a whole the place was more than words and the staff while very relaxed were so accommodating to our requirements,
Allen and Rebbecca, the managers were outstanding hosts providing a European mentality and answer to some of the curious sights seen on the island, as well saving the day when we left one of our bags in the taxi and getting up at 6am to drive us around to track down the guy to make our flight five minutes before take off.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently attended a wedding at the Benjor Resort in port Vila. We were also lucky enough to stay there for a few days as well. Firstly I would like to comment on the wedding - really romantic! The chapel down by the ocean was small but perfect with a gorgeous heart made out of sand on the floor and a walkway with flower arches and coconut trees all along.. My girlfriend the bride looked amazing as all she wanted was a lovely setting simple ceremony by the ocean! This she certainly got as wellas some seriously good looking island warriors to escort her! The reception was held in a private part of the restaurant which had been beautifully decorated for the occasion by the girls in the restaurant - good food and plenty of great cocktails - go Steven! We stayed in a ocean villa which was quite large, pretty comfortable and had pretty much what we needed. Only slight negative - would have like swim towels in the room instead of going up to reception to get them. Pool lovely and down by the ocean - mini putt course probably the hardest in the world! Great little spot and one we would probably come back to one our own.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas and had a pleasant stay on the whole. We booked through an agent and found the resort to be very reasonably-priced. However, if we were to return to Port Vila, we would probably pay more to upgrade to another hotel.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. It was not decorated in a modern fashion but it suited the environment and we were pleased with it. We were concerned at first by the lack of air-con but the ceiling fan and large windows meant that the temperature was always well-moderated. The shower was slightly disappointing but was not an issue for us as we were only there for a short period of time. We particularly liked the table and chairs outside where we could enjoy spectacular views of the bay.

The grounds were well-kept and picturesque and the bar/restaurant is a good facility with decent food and friendly service. The swimming pool was dirty for our entire stay but not so bad that it stopped us from swimming everyday. The beach is not ideal for swimming, unless heading out to the reef, due to the coral.

We were happy with the location of the resort but would have been less so without having hired a car. It is very close to Hideaway Island, Cascades and The Summit and only around 15 minutes in to Port Vila.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple