Our family of 2 adults and 3 kids stayed in one of the 4 bedroom houses at Benjour. It was spacious, clean and well maintained. There were 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, gas BBQ and a laundry with washing machine. There is no tv reception, next time we would buy some of the cheap dvds from the Chinese shops in Vila to play for the kids in the afternoons when its too hot to go out in the sun. the house was situated in its own private garden separate from the smaller accomodation units. Great for the kids to run around. There is also a big grassed area next door if the kids wanted to kick a ball around. The accomodation is fan cooled only, wasn't really a problem for us really as the house was very airy and whilst the sun was very hot there was always a breeze. I probably wouldn't book to stay there from January to March though as I think it would get hotter and more humid and I am an airconditioning junkie. But then I probably wouldn't go to Vanuatu at all during that time so not really a criticism of Benjor.
In the time we were there it appeared maybe only one or two of the other units were occupied so it was very quiet, apart from the final construction work on the new units near our house, (some earthworks while we were there) I would think that they would be finished and occupied by now.
The pool is very basic but we never had to share it with other guests, it was like having our own private pool! The beach is coral rather than sand, you definitely need to take reef shoes or crocs to walk on the beach or swim. The breeze comes across the bay so there was often a small wave coming onto the beach. I personally wouldn't bring very small children here, the seawall at the front of our accomodation was quite high, there were steps down to the water but no beach (it was further along)
We found the snorkling good and very accessible. At high tide, you can walk straight in and swim out maybe 25 metres, we had our own gear. The reef to the left of the beach has some very nice coral, and loads of small fish, very relaxing and calming just floating over the coral. The kids loved the "nemos" and the little blue fish that swam in schools and hid in the coral when you got too close.
We arranged to stop at the Supermarket on the way from the airport and bought what we needed for the 3 days we stayed. We ate at the restaurant on the last night, food was good and reasonably priced by Vanuatu standards.
We never went to town or on any other excursions as we only stayed a few days and had another 10 days at Le Lagon after our stay at Benjor so can't comment on the availability of transport etc. The resort arranged our transfers from the airport with Melanesian Tours, then also arranged for them to take us in to Le Lagon at the end of our stay, This worked very well for us.
Benjor is for you if you want:
Spacious Accomodation, easy good snorkling, very quiet.
Benjor is not for you if you want:
Sandy beach ( same in most places in Vanuatu) airconditioning, easy access to town, entertainment, partying.
We will go back, probably in the winter months, to enjoy its enforced relaxation for a busy family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely boutique 3.5 star resort located 15 mins from Port Vila and 10 minutes from the International Airport, on 23 acres of absolute oceanfront, all Villas with ocean views, fabulous restaurant and wedding chapel, simply delightful. Attractions within 5 mins from Benjor include kayaking and snorkelling tours, diving, horseriding, zorbing, Firedancing, Jungle Zipline, International Golf Course, Botanical Gardens and the world famous Cascades Waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Benjor Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benjor Beach Club Hotel Port Vila
- Benjor Beach Hotel
- Benjor Beach Resort
- Benjor Beach Club Vanuatu/Port Vila