My wife and I spent one week at Paradise Cove and loved it all. No other place is more appropriate for a true tropical holiday.
We arrived late night after a short bumpy jungle ride ( the Resort has organized our airport pick up) and it was not until the following morning that we realized the magic of the place.
The property is amazing, small, romantic and never crowded. Only 10 large and colorful bungalows with kitchen, veranda sofa and hammocks.
The snorkeling just off the beach is great! Tropical fish and coral everywhere. The resort even provides snorkeling gear, reef shoes and kayaks free of charge.
There is a nice little man made sandy beach for sun baking. In the water is all living coral so reef shoes are recommended. We loved the snorkeling.
Food at the restaurant is fantastic with a good variety, the beef is superb. Even the atmosphere is one of the nicest of all restaurant we tried in Port Vila.
Breakfast by the beach and candle light dinner surrounded by the sound of the sea and good music are so enjoyable. You don't get this everywhere.
The staff really is the greatest, happy ladies cleaned our bungalow every day and decorated it with fresh flowers. Two gardeners keep the property tidy and beautiful, we asked one of them for fresh coconut, he picked one form a palm tree of the resort and opened it with his machete like it was the most simple thing in the world.
At the bar James is the cocktail master and along with Ben Albert Elty & Paul they make you feel part of the Paradise Cove Family. You just don't get this everywhere
The managers Callie and her brother Nathan are a young and professional couple they made sure we were looked after, booked our tours and excursion, and were always available to help or for a chat.
The main town is 8 km away. The resort has scheduled transfers for 2,5$ pp but for 5$ pp we could book a transfer any time we wanted.
Port Vila is a nice town but the crowd, the pollution from the buses and the humidity are not worth leaving the privacy and breeze of Paradise Cove. The local market though is worth a visit.
These were the highlight of our holiday and is what we recommend to everyone staying at paradiseCove:
- The snorkeling
- Definitely hire a bike at the Resort and ride around Pango Point; Secluded coves and sandy beaches are only few hundred meters away.
- a relaxing full body massage on the beach or in your bungalow
- The melanesian food feast on friday
- The restaurant of the Resort
- The local market in town
We had a wonderful experience, more than a holiday, and we will return to Paradise Cove again next year. You just don't get this everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This private and intimate small resort is located 15 minutes from downtown Port Vila. It offers 10 self contained One and Two Bedroom villas in a well established tropical garden by the ocean. The beautiful reef offers great snorkeling and diving opportunities with an easy access from the private beach and jetty. Under an iconic traditional roof celebrating the Melanesian architecture, the restaurant serves the best fresh local ingredients prepared with a Mediterranean touch. With a relaxed atmosphere Paradise Cove Resort provides a genuine tropical island holiday. Please note that the access by boat to our private jetty is strictly limited. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila