I did a lot of research into this Hotel before we left, and booked a room with private facilities for 1 week. I knew it was going to be small, but thought we could live with that, and the location seemed ideal and we didn't intend to spend much time in the room anyway. We had a package deal with free internet access and a $100.00 room Credit. It took a lot of persuasion to be given the free internet access as the lad on the desk said we were not in the room I told him we were in as he said no one was tin that room. I showed him our Room key with the number on it and he still said we were not there so could not get it. I saw someone else the next day and was given the access, but not very happily.
We checked out on a Saturday, and the girl behind the desk said she didnt know about the room credit, even though it was on the voucher previously given, so we didnt get that. Yes, our room was small, but not as bad as I anticipated. Yes, we had a private bathroom, but I used the toilet outside the room in the corridor because ours was filthy. I felt sick everytime I went in there. The shower was also dirty, with mould all through the grouting. The bathroom flooded everytime you had a shower. The Air Conditioning worked and the fan as well and the bed was very comfortable. The room was serviced each day, but not well, and it wasnt until the last day we received soap or milk. Every time we asked reception for some information, no one every knew anything. The food was excellent but quite expensive, as is most of Port Vila, and the servings were so small, we had to have dessert and was still hungry. We got 3 very small pieces of meat smaller than a cocktail frankfurt, 3 pieces of beans, 4 pieces of carrot and a couple of small pieces of capsicum for about $22 AUD. LOVED the coffee. Best we have every tasted and the breakfast was great. All in all, I wouldnt go back there, but probably wouldnt go back to Port Vila as I thought it was old, poor, dirty and the most expensive place I have been. Definately not value for money. The markets, were a rip off, paying $6 for a fridge magnet, when we found one for $2.50 at a shop in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila