I stayed in the single with shared facilities. The room was tiny but sufficient. It was clean and the shared facilities were also clean. I had dinner in the restaurant and thought the food was good and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, the hotel has a strange payment policy; as a result I changed hotels after the first night and wouldn't return.
Problem #1: I booked for the first night online which requires using a credit card and paying a credit card surchage. I assumed I could pay for my next three nights in cash when I arrived as it appeared there was availability. When I arrived I was quoted a price much higher than available online and told that if I wanted the lower price I would have to book online through their agent. It made no sense to me so I ended up changing hotels to one that would accept cash.
Problem #2: There wasn't hot water in the evening after I checked in or the next morning. When I reported that, the receptionist didn't seem very phased and said that sometimes they have hot water, sometimes they don't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila