I've been here nearly ten times over the last four years. The location is a little way back from town, in that you can walk without any problems other than raising a small sweat - depending on the heat of the sun. The buildings have a very pleasant pacific feel in design and décor, with open, cool spaces. There are a number of well attended regular events such as Trivia night. You are situated in a reasonably quiet area, right next to the ministry of health, across the road from the prison (you wouldn't recognise it - don't worry about it) and near the hospital. There is a very wide variation on the rooms, some are rather cramped, some are much more spacious - but still pretty average. They are somewhat run down, but nothing that would surprise anyone on budget travel around the pacific. The food at the restaurant can be hit and miss, depending who they have hired at the time - sometimes the meals are first class and I don't have to go anywhere else, recently they are very average, but a short stroll into town gives you a reasonable selection of excellent restaurants to choose from. Wireless internet is now free, this service seems to vary from stay to stay, there are plenty of dark spots and weak connections but mostly quite good for the South Pacific. The pool is in frequent use by guests - so must be quite good although not my thing. There is a corner store right next door, and a money machine at the fuel station about 100m down the road that takes foreign cards and spits out local Vatu. Mini buses are forever moving people around to the various tourist places. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Perhaps not the perfect place for a romantic getaway but certainly an excellent base for adventures in Port Vila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila