We stayed at Sunset Bungalows in late Feb 2009. The over water bungalows are exactly as they are pictured on the internet...absolutely beautiful! The lagoon is beautiful from morning to night and you are far enough away for peace and quiet, while being only 5 minutes from town.
Annie was extremely helpful and gave us tips and advice for tours, restaurants, and local knowledge. She works 6 days a week but smiles every morning when she greets you at breakfast. The restaurant food is delicious, and you get good value for money. The resort has a maximum of 38 guests at any one time, but you feel as if you have the whole place to yourself!
The shower was a bit temperamental and we got stuck on the paddle boats but these were minor inconveniences for a truly memorable stay.
We will be returning here when we visit Port Villa again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled quietly on the waters edge within a tropical setting and fantastic views across Emten Lagoon. Luxurious surrounds includes a swimming pool with waterfall, over-water restaurant and bar. Sunset Bungalows Resort is a peaceful tropical escape with its relaxing adults only status, ideal for honeymooners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunset Bungalows Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Bungalows Hotel Port Vila
- Sunset Hotel Port Vila
- Sunset Resort Port Vila
- Sunset Bungalows Vanuatu
- Sunset Bungalows Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila