“Great Hotel, Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Bungalows Resort

Sunset Bungalows Resort
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Port Vila
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Recently returned from 8 days holiday at Sunset Bungalows. This was our first trip to Vanuatu and we are very happy that we chose Sunset Bungalows. A big thank you to Greg, Audrey and the team! I also chose to propose to my fiancé at Sunset and I would like to extend a special thank you to the staff who were amazing in what they did for me to make the occasion perfect. We were made to feel welcome from the very first minute upon walking in. The rooms are spacious and very clean, being able to fish right off my balcony was a neat little experience and the free kayaks were great. At first we were a little concerned about being located a bit outside of town but like a lot of other people have mentioned it really didn't affect anything at all, we never had to wait more that 2 minutes for a bus to drive past and the location on the lagoon is very peaceful to come back to. One thing that we especially appreciated was the advice and recommendations from Greg & Audrey, being able to have someone pass on some local knowledge on what to do and when to do things made the whole experience even more special. The food at the resort is pretty good, the cocktails great, I think the menu could do with some expanding though and also on occasions the wait times for food was a little long but that is very minor thing and overall this resort really is fantastic. I would highly recommend Sunset Bungalows to people travelling to Vanuatu and we will definitely stay again on our next trip to Vanuatu.
Thank you again Greg, Audrey and the team at Sunset for a wonderful trip!
Daniel & Tat

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husbands 60th Birthday prezzy was a holiday to Vanuatu. We enjoyed Sunset Bungalows.
Our room was over the water. Just fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
The cocktail's were the best. So Yum.
Audrey organised a fishing trip and I caught a 21 kg fish. (showed the boys up)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gravityo6
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Recently returned from a weeks holiday at Sunset Bungalows. We booked the Honeymoon suite as we like our space and privacy and feel that this is worth the extra cost. Our room was set away from others and was private and large. It has a kitchenette, four poster bed and large bathroom with two person spa and a large deck. One of the best things was that there are loungers and table and chairs on the deck for the Honeymoon suite but only chairs and tables on the other overwater bungalows.

Audrey and Greg were extremely helpful in suggesting places to visit and eat. Transport into Port Vila was fantastic and an 'experience' at times.... do not let this hotel being slightly out of town be a negative .... I would say its a positive as Port Vila is not a particularly attractive town and Sunset Bungalows was a little peace of paradise away from the hectic pace of Port Vila.

Only negative (being very picky here).... breakfast - had to pay for extras like bacon ($3 for portion which was one slice is too expensive).

Great holiday - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite worth the extra in my opinion
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annette M
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Audrey and Greg made us feel welcome and helped us with our holiday adventures. It was my 60th birthday celebration so I wanted to do it all. With the complementary Kayaks from Sunset, Tony and I headed off across the lagoon,it was my first time and I loved it,we also snorkeled in the Lagoon but also did a reef trip. I recommend taking your own gear to use as it would be terrible to miss out. We abseiled down a 150 ft water fall at the Mele Cascades,,me at my age,,,what did I think? Loved it and I would do it again. In a heart beat. ,,,,,,we also did the Zip Line ( flying Fox ) again, crazy but ,,oh my god,,,fantastic. When in town I recommend a Resturant called Chill...food was fantastic and very affordable.,,,,We have traveled extensively and many places once leaving your room are left to your own devices but all the staff where very happy to help.the Sunset was very clean and our room looking over the lagoon was priceless....if I was to return, would I stay at The Sunset again? Without a doubt. Thankyou Audrey and Greg for making our stay and my birthday a trip to remember,, This a genuine review,, anyone wanting to travel to Vanuatu and have fantastic time, I recommend The Sunset Bungalows. Cheers Vicki and Tony.

Room Tip: Our room was fantastic and if I could bring the bed home I would,,,
1 Thank Vickisholiday
Bucasia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at Sunset Bungalows in a Bungalow on the water and it was fabulous. The room was stunning and very clean. Anything we needed was attended too promptly by the staff. All the staff were great and friendly. The food was yummy and reasonably priced and the cocktails were the highlight!! They all make delicious cocktails, best ones in Vanuatu I think and I did try a few! We would highly recommend staying here as we always felt comfortable and it was a pleasure to come back too after a long day! Greg and Audrey and all the staff were fantastic!

1 Thank Ellie F
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We so enjoyed are stay at Sunset Bungalows and Vanuatu. The resort is not new but is maintain to a good standard. The room was large with a king size canopy bed, you opened your bi-fold luvre doors onto your on balcony right on the lagoon, we were lucky we had a ground floor room. The room and bathroom were very clean. going to sleep listening to lapping water was just magic, no traffic noise bliss.
Audrey, Greg, Bong and staff were very friendly, helpful and a joy to speak with. We took the Island tour with John, he is also very nice and the tour was great.
Sunset Bungalows is a small adults only resort well worth staying if this is what you like. they make some mean cocktails and the food was very good although the menu was a bit limited.
Taking the bus into Port Vila was always interesting and cheap.
We highly recommend a trip to Vanuatu and Sunset Bungalows for a laid back enjoyable holiday.
Anne and Jim

2 Thank Anne O
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The sunset bungalows was a great place to relax and unwind. The resort is small with adults only
and only a short bus trip to Port Vila.
Our Bungalow was on the lagoon where you could hear the water lapiing and watch the fish
and starfish from the balcony. Our room was large and well serviced and clean as was the rest
of the Resort.
The food in the Restaurant was great with breakfast,lunch and dinner being available, breakfast
was included in our acommodation costs .
Audrey and Greg were fantastic hosts offering lots of friendly advice and helping to organise
tours for us .One of our highlights being the full day cruise on the Catermaran what a fantastic
day we had .
The pool was very relaxing and the guys certainly enjoyed the hammocks .
It was great to be able to relax with a cocktail at the end of a busy day and talk with other guests
in the bar area.
Thanks to Audrey and Greg, Bong and the other staff for helping us to have a relaxing enjoyable
holiday we will be back.
Karen and Mike Simeonoff

Room Tip: The stand alone Bungalows are great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends