“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs - CLOSED

Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The quality table of the French Chef,Francis MOUROUX, will seduce you with its specialties by offering fresh local products : Lobster, Flyerfox, Snails of Santo Island, Local Pigeon,River prawns, with a french delicate Touch ...
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband had the best food we had tasted in Vanuatu at this restaurant! After having too much seafood in the previous days we both got beef dishes and my steak was better than anything I have ever had. I ordered medium rare and it was so tender and the dianne sauce and mashed potato were so full of flavour that I would travel back to vanuatu to have it again! Also me and my husband felt a little under dressed for the restaurant but the staff made us feel immediately comfortable and were lovely. Thank you for the romantic amazing dinner :)

Adelaide, Australia
“Must have dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

The quality of the food here is excellent. The steak is from the locally grown grass fed cattle and it just melts in your mouth. If you eat here you absolutely must have the dessert. the most delicious lemon tart ad beautiful creme caramel with the locally grown vanilla.
Avoid the Surf and Turf as the lobster is a bit dry (overcooked).

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Palm Beach, Australia
“French Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We had to try Le Jardin after recommendations from some local ex-pat Aussies. Excellent food and great service. The lobster and filet steak surf 'n turf was delicious and so much cheaper than at home in Oz.
Dessert of apple tart - Tarte t'atin was worth ordering with our mains as suggested and arrived with a sparkler - a nice touch for our celebration.

Visited May 2014
Wollongong, Australia
“Rude and pretentious.... not a good first impression”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was the most pretentious restaurant I have ever stepped foot in. 7pm on a rainy Tuesday night, the restaurant is only half full and my partner and I arrive hoping to be seated. This is Vanuatu, it isnt a peak day so why the need to book? Upon arriving, after the obligatory 'bonsoir', it was then a look up and down at my partner and I, followed with a cold reply of ' no booking', sorry we cannot seat you.

Well, I am sorry its a shame we werent seated, as we dont hold back when it domes to fine dining and ordering the best dishes and wine! So we took our cash and hungry selves down the road to Wild Ginger, for arguably one of the better meals we had the entire trip.

Whilst I cant vouch for the food I am glad we didnt dine here, with service that rude upon arrival, it would have left a bad taste in my mouth anyway....

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tannas1
Deepseadreamer, Gérant at Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
In response to your review which I am very surprised that you would give us such a low rating, based on such a simple situation, but unfortunately the Tuesday night is our peak day even in VANUATU and most resort, hotels and expat locals knows that they need to book the table for them gest to be seated in my restaurant and we was fully booked!!
May be this is the reverse of our success and I’m glad that you've enjoyed your meal at "Wild ginger" that obviously because you've stepped in to my restaurant with a hungry bad taste in your mouth anyway…

Kind regards and “Bonsoir”,
Sydney, Australia
“Best Souffle ever.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had been told about the service and food at this stunning restaurant, but it surpassed all our expectations. A very extensive menu provided us with an amazing array of french favourites, gorgeous steak and superb desserts. The whole meal was lovely with my favourite being the chocolate souffle - I didn't know they could taste like that! Thank you for a great evening and we'll be back next year.